Editorial & Production Co-op (Fall 2019)
Who we are
BookBub is one of the fastest-growing consumer tech startups in Boston (and we’re profitable). Millions of readers use BookBub every day to find great books, and our service empowers thousands of leading publishers and authors to drive sales and find new fans. We’re expanding our team to address the challenges and opportunities of the publishing industry while continuing to help readers find books and authors they’ll love. Learn more about what to expect working at BookBub.
The Editorial & Production Co-op role
BookBub seeks a talented undergraduate student to assist in editing, curating, and organizing content for our fast-growing community of book lovers. The co-op is a full-time position and spans six months, July-December 2019.
- Assembling the content for BookBub's featured deals on the BookBub website and daily email
- Proofreading and copy editing daily content
- Writing and editing marketing copy for the books featured on BookBub
- Sorting and categorizing submissions from our author and publisher partners
- Helping BookBub editors to choose and curate BookBub featured deals and featured new releases
- Maintaining and updating BookBub's database of books, authors, and author recommendations
Ideal candidates for this position will have:
- Availability to work full-time at our office in Cambridge, MA for six months at the end of 2019 (typically July-December timeline)
- Outstanding professional written and verbal communication skills
- Experience using a content management system or blogging platform (e.g. Wordpress)
- Excellent analytical skills and meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to learn and quickly adapt to new systems
- Excitement for a fast-paced, rapidly changing startup environment
- Excellent copy editing and proofreading skills
- Enthusiasm for books
Your interview experience
Our goal is to create an environment where you can interview at your best. If we can provide any assistance or accommodations during your time with us, please let us know at [email protected] All requests are treated as privately as possible and have no impact on candidate eligibility.
BookBub strives to be an inclusive workplace and we value learning from different perspectives. We seek to foster an environment filled with people from a wide variety of backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.