Embedded Firmware Intern
WiTricity is currently hiring an Intern to work with the software/firmware team. Interns at WiTricity work on exciting projects enabling wireless power for electric vehicle charging. At WiTricity, interns will be working to redefine the next generation of wireless power.
These internships are full time, paid summer positions working on-site at our Watertown, MA offices. We are also willing to consider 6-month co-op placements.
In this position you will be an important contributor in one or more of the following areas of the next generation wireless charging products:
- Design, develop, and test embedded firmware modules written in C
- System level testing
- Define, configure and manage automated build suites
- Design, develop, and test tools to automate test and documentation of embedded designs
- Design, develop, and test Android/iPhone applications
- Design, develop, and test communication interfaces for wireless charging IoT
- Design, develop, and test GUIs written in C#
Must be currently pursuing a Bachelor or Master’s degree program in Computer Systems Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or Computer Science. Strong preference given to students who have completed at least three years of college coursework.
Additional experience or skills in the following areas:
- C/C++/C# programming
- Python and batch scripting
- Microcontroller programming and debugging
- Experience using software change control and version control systems
- Test and build automation using Jenkins is desired
Strong work ethic, reliability, desire to learn and a passion for the field are all desired traits. Students should generally be available to work full-time for 8-12 weeks or 15-20 hours part-time during the semester. Students are paid an hourly rate but the company does not reimburse for housing or for transportation.