Human Resources Internship - Summer 2019
Meet CarGurus—the #1 visited online car shopping website in the US. At CarGurus, we’re building the world’s most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace where it’s easy to find great deals from top-rated dealers.
Founded in 2006 by Langley Steinert (co-founder of TripAdvisor), CarGurus is a technology company with a passion for data and its power to simplify every aspect of the car shopping experience. Using proprietary technology, search algorithms and innovative data analytics, we provide unbiased validation on pricing, dealer reputation and vehicle history.
The People and Talent team are looking for an HR Intern to help with support of administrative tasks including but not limited to keeping our internal Wiki page up to date, creation of training guides for our new Workday Learning system, as well as other organizational tasks pertaining to our HR calendar and more. We are looking for the type of person who can roll up their sleeves and dive into any task with an impeccable eye for detail.
What You'll Do:
- Provide admin support to HR team
- Assist in creating and updating policies on the Wiki
- Update training guides on the Wiki
- Use Workday Learning to create how-to video guides
- Other projects assigned by the HR Business Partners
- Create a master HR calendar for all benefit plans and filings
- Data entry and auditing
- Participate in brainstorming sessions
Who You Are:
- Must be enrolled in an Undergraduate or Graduate program; preferred major in Human Resources, Organizational Development, Business Administration or other related field
- Strong PC and/or Mac skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Professional with the ability to handle sensitive and confidential information
- Strong communication skills, verbal and written
- Ability to work independently
At the core of our company culture is a spirit of innovation, curiosity and collaboration. True to our start-up roots, we’re nimble, flexible and hardworking. We have a great respect for testing and learning and a healthy aversion to scheduling meetings to discuss meetings. Lunch is catered daily. Interns are paid. Foosball and ping pong are played often. Now a publicly-traded company, we’re as committed as ever to cultivating the culture that got us here.
In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada, the UK and Germany with other markets on the horizon. Our offices are located in Cambridge, MA, Detroit, MI and Dublin, Ireland. If you’d like to learn more, please visit our careers page.