Intern - Junior Support Engineer
Greater Boston Area
Mendix provides a platform and approach that helps enterprises innovate and digitally transform their businesses and industries. Nearly 4,000 organizations worldwide, including ABN Amro, Achmea, Philips, Enexis, BAM Infra, Gemeente Rotterdam, Chubb, Zurich Insurance, ERIE rely on Mendix to build web and mobile applications to delight their customers and empower their employees. We experienced 88 percent year-over-year bookings growth compared to the first half of 2017 and are a recognized Leader by Gartner and Forrester in a red-hot market expected to exceed $15 billion by 2020. Mendix increased the number of team members by 24% in the first half of 2018, and was rated the best cloud computing company to work for by Forbes, based on feedback data from Glassdoor.
While we live on different continents and work on different things, we are one team with a shared mission and set of values. We are passionate and strive for new heights, professionally and personally. We value hard work, accountability, and results. Above all else, we believe in a culture of growth, respect, and fun.
We are investing in our momentum by growing our Support team with young professionals that are willing and able to learn on the job. If you recently graduated or if you are in the last year of your study and are looking for a (part-time) job to kick start your career in the Mendix Community - then Mendix is for you.
You'll Help us Drive Digital Innovation:
- You will be part of our global expert Service Desk (1st and 2nd line)¸ which solves around 70% of all submitted requests without involving 3rd line R&D teams
- You will be trained to become a certified Mendix developer and get trained in our state of the art Mendix Cloud architecture, deployment and integration possibilities.
- You will engage with our global customers in Europe, USA, Australia, South Africa, Middle East, Japan like Heineken, New Balance, MIT, ABN AMRO, TNT Express, ING and our (international) partners to solve any challenges they might face and assist in a myriad of issues, changes and questions.
- You will work with R&D to improve the customer experience of our platform
- Work in a smart, young and dynamic team where innovation thrives and career opportunities are abundant
You're the Innovator we Need if You:
- Love to engage with the customer to solve any challenges they might face
- Have an B.S in information systems, engineering, computer science, or equivalent
- Have excellent communicative skills, both written and verbally
- Are passionate for technology and have strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Are well-organized, flexible and can keep an overview of all your tasks
- Have a basic understanding of and interest in programming languages, integration, relational databases and/or public Cloud technologies (eg. AWS, Azure)
Experience a Culture Like No Other at Mendix:
- Work for an award-winning employer? (Nr 1. tech employer & the-best-cloud-computing-companies-and-ceos-to-work-for-in-2017)
- Drastically change the way businesses create value using state of the art software?
- Get great working experience in one of the fasted growing tech companies around?
- Be part of a world-class, passionate, intrinsic, self-motivated team striving towards a common goal?
- Take ownership and accountability?
Read Full Job Description