Marketing Intern | Paid Part-time
Paid Part-time Internship
Hi Marley is transforming the risk industry by helping insurance companies deliver a modern communication experience that puts customers first. We are an AI texting platform that bridges the conversation between the end insured and the entire insurance ecosystem. We offer a truly unique software for carriers with insurance-specific features to help their insureds get the best experience possible. And for that end customer, it appears as a simple text conversation happening on their phone, in real-time. Our mission is to make insurance simple and lovable while protecting people and the things they care about.
We are looking for a Marketing intern, to work 20-24 hrs/week. This role is going to help bind our product marketing strategy to the tactics we need to drive success in sales, marketing and to achieve results.
- Execute our social media presence and strategy to develop our brand awareness and online reputation.
- Help implement promotional activities such as campaigns and product launches.
- Help create marketing collateral such as case studies, videos, website copy and blog posts by working with designers.
- Assist in creation of SEO, content, and design strategies.
- Help with PR strategies, outreach, research and understanding trends.
- Collaborate to generate digital and print advertising material.
- Maintain and update records of marketing metrics and results of past campaigns.
- Gain insight into customer use of current products, untapped opportunities and buyer personas.
- Maintain and manage competitive intelligence and comparisons by working with cross-functional stakeholders and executing self-lead research.
- Market intelligence—be the expert on our buyers, who are they, how they buy and their key buying criteria.
- Understand the competitive landscape—be an expert on our competition and how they are positioned.
- Speak and present both internally and externally to promote the story of our product
- Collaborative skills: As a Marketing intern, you will have to work with teams across the organization. This will often include the sales and marketing department, the engineering department, product management, press and PR and senior executives. New product launches are inherently 'cross functional' and entail coordinating the work of many different people.
- Communication skills: Both speaking and writing abilities have to be tapped in this role. You will frequently have to present about new products and write engaging copy, telling the 'story' of products, for various marketing channels.
- Research skills: A crucial part of this role is gaining insight into customer needs and experiences. Analysis of data, surveys and customer interviews will be part of this mix and you need to be well acquainted with these techniques.
- Proficient in productivity applications such as Microsoft Office
- Comfortable using collaboration and CRM tools such as JIRA or Trello.
- Power-user of networking tools such as LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
- Exceptional ROI-tracking skills, able to prove what is, or isn't working
- Must be a strong public speaker, comfortable in front of large, senior groups, and a solid writer.
- Excellent people and management skills to interact with staff, colleagues, cross-functional teams and third parties. Team player!
- Bachelor's degree, or pursing a Bachelor's degree in Marketing