MBA Intern - Marketplace Strategy
Indigo improves grower profitability, environmental sustainability, and consumer health through the use of natural microbiology and digital technologies. Utilizing beneficial plant microbes and agronomic insights, Indigo works with growers to sustainably produce high quality harvests. The company then connects growers and buyers directly to bring these harvests to market. Working across the supply chain, Indigo is forwarding its mission of harnessing nature to help farmers sustainably feed the planet. The company is headquartered in Boston, MA, with additional offices in Memphis, TN, Research Triangle Park, NC, Sydney, Australia, Buenos Aires, Argentina, and São Paulo, Brazil. http://www.indigoag.com/
The Marketplace Strategy Intern will play a critical role in helping with a variety of strategic projects aimed at increasing the effectiveness of the Buyer-side team at attracting Buyers to the Indigo Marketplace platform.
- Develop strategic and tactical plans to overcome key challenges to the Buyer-side business model
- Manage the development, roll out, and execution of new business models and products in support of the Marketplace Buyer team objectives
- Support the Marketplace Buyer team to deliver operational-critical tasks
- Lead high-priority projects relating to Indigo’s penetration of the North American grain Buyer market
- Serve as a key contributor to Marketplace Buyer workstreams
- Assist management in preparing mission-critical analyses and materials to be ultimately used for Board and Investor presentations
- Develop financial models
- Passion for Sales and Marketing, Finance, Economics, Consulting, Project Management with a very strong detail orientation.
- Demonstrate strong strategic and critical thinking skills.
- Understands and can communicate financial concepts in plain terms to varying audiences.
- Has experience in Financial Modeling, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Exceptional resourcefulness in getting the job done.
- Work autonomously and in a self-directed manner but always within the expectations of and parameters set by the Marketplace VPs and other business leaders
- Set and maintain high standards for self and the team.
- Possess strong EQ (interpersonal, communication and relationship building skills).
- Demonstrate strong analytical skills and well-structured communication skills.
- Communicate both positive and negative issues in an open, direct, and straight-forward manner.
- Demonstrate a team-oriented style and strong work ethic.
- Demonstrate an appropriate balance of confidence and humility.
- Demonstrated ability to gain consensus working collaboratively and cross-functionally with internal and external parties.
- Hands-on leader.
- Team building and management.
- Ability to iterate, learn and adapt quickly as the external landscape evolves.