Partner Marketing Intern
Who we are
BookBub is one of the fastest-growing consumer tech startups in Boston (and we’re profitable). Millions of readers use BookBub every day to find great books, and our service empowers thousands of leading publishers and authors to drive sales and find new fans. We’re expanding our team to address the challenges and opportunities of the publishing industry while continuing to help readers find books and authors they’ll love. Learn more about what to expect working at BookBub.
The Partner Marketing intern
BookBub seeks a talented undergraduate to help us attract new authors and publishers to BookBub’s platform and educate our existing partners on how to effectively market their books to our fast-growing community of book lovers.
This paid internship would ideally last the full school year, from September 2019 to May 2020, but timing can be flexible for the right candidate.
Responsibilities may include:
- Developing content by conducting research, analysis, writing/editing, and other prep work for blog posts, sales materials, ebooks, and other marketing assets
- Assisting with the management of email marketing campaigns by creating templates, sending emails, and tracking results
- Publishing blog posts to Wordpress and optimizing content for social media and SEO
- Conducting ad hoc outreach to authors, agents, publishers and others in the publishing industry
- Maintaining and developing the BookBub Partners social media presence and brand
- Conducting market research surveys
- Learning BookBub’s suite of marketing products thoroughly and understanding how they can help our partners sell books
- Developing knowledge about the publishing industry and internalizing our partners’ needs and goals
Ideal candidates will be undergraduate students with the following:
- Outstanding professional written and verbal communication skills
- Experience using a content management system or blogging platform (e.g. Wordpress)
- An interest in learning basic HTML
- Experience using social networks for marketing purposes, such as content distribution or brand management
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to learn and quickly adapt to new organizational systems and processes
- Excellent copy editing and proofreading skills
- Excitement for a fast-paced, rapidly changing startup environment
- Enthusiasm for books, authors, and/or the publishing industry
Your interview experience
Our goal is to create an environment where you can interview at your best. If we can provide any assistance or accommodations during your time with us, please let us know at [email protected] All requests are treated as privately as possible and have no impact on candidate eligibility.
BookBub strives to be an inclusive workplace and we value learning from different perspectives. We seek to foster an environment filled with people from a wide variety of backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.