Product Marketing Co-Op
We are seeking students in the following combined programs: Business Administration (Focus in Entrepreneurship/Innovation or Marketing preferred), Marketing, Communications, Computer Science and Communications Combined Major, Cybersecurity.
We are seeking a highly driven, experienced, and technically inclined intern to join Rapid7’s Product Marketing team. The Product Marketing team is made up of passionate individuals that are organized around each of Rapid7’s products. This allows us to be the everyday champions for the products we support. We help future customers find, adopt, and use our products by enabling cross-functional collaboration within Rapid7.
You’ll work together with the Senior Product Marketing Manager responsible for Vulnerability Management to champion our solutions in that product portfolio, including InsightVM and Metasploit Pro. This role will afford you the opportunity to practice project management skills by working with a wide variety of roles at Rapid7 such as Sales, Engineering, Customer Success, and the broader Marketing organization.
After your first 30 days you will have:
- Provided proposed edits for at least one blog post written by a subject matter expert
- Completed the InsightVM Certified Specialist course and passed the certification exam. Don’t worry, you can do it - We’ll help you!
- Observed a minimum of 2 customer calls.
After 60 days:
- Authored and published at least one blog post
- Recorded and published at least one screen recording of you demonstrating a product feature
- Worked cross functionally with our customer advocacy team to source and schedule at least 2 customer calls. You will have observed these calls.
After 90 days:
- Authored and published at least one whitepaper, brief, or created the content for a webinar
- Sourced and scheduled at least one customer call. You will have led this call and interviewed the customer with support from the Product Marketing Manager.
- Established a goal for yourself to further your continuous education. You will be asked to present you continuous education goal, and the plan you have developed to achieve it.
- Completed the Metasploit Pro Certified Specialist course and passed the certification exam.
- Identified an unmet need in our vulnerability management business that you will be developing a proposal around to solve for our customers and internal stakeholders. See beyond 90 days, below.
Beyond 90 days:
With your newly minted understanding of the needs of our customers and internal stakeholders, you will identify and present a proposal explaining an unmet need in our vulnerability management business that you will work to solve for the remainder of your internship. The proposal will include: the problem you will solve, how you will solve it, and how you will measure your success. This will result in you performing some of the activities below:
- Know our customers, their pain points and their success stories. Drive customer fluency throughout the organization.
- Research, propose and coordinate go-to-market plans in collaboration with marketing, sales and business development teams to drive demand, customer adoption and revenue.
- Develop and refine marketing content including sales collateral, thought-leadership presentations, speaking engagement abstracts, website content, videos, blogs, press releases, by-lined articles, webcasts, whitepapers and more.
- Develop sales enablement to position our Go-To-Market teams Be an evangelist and spokesperson, communicating and educating internal and external stakeholders (customers, channel partners, press, industry analysts)
- Understand and stay abreast of the Security customer and competitive landscape, Rapid7’s products, and industry news to best influence our marketing strategy.
Enough about us... Let's talk about you!
- Prior internship experience that was focused on one of the following: Management, Marketing, cybersecurity, or IT/Software Engineering
- Moderate technical competency. You don’t need to be an expert or know how to compile C. But you should know what Linux is and how to perform basic tasks in a terminal
- Ability to translate and explain technical concepts to non-technical audiences through written and verbal mediums
- Experience with, and a passion for, exceptional project management
- Must embody the Rapid7 core value of continuous learning
- A passion for exceptional writing is critical, with the ability to communicate diverse topics
- Experience with additional content mediums such as video and digital design will set you apart (but are not required)
- High-energy, creative problem solver
- Accountable and driven
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment and embraces change
What’s in it for you...
In addition to getting to work in one of the best office spaces in Boston (Free food - check! Ping-pong - check! Cold-brew tap - check! Modern office design - check!), you’ll be working alongside some of the brightest and most creative marketers in tech. Learn from the best, expand your resume, and grow your network of amazing people who want to help you succeed. Most importantly, we want you to get the most your of your internship, so if you’re interested in trying something new while you’re here, just ask!
Rapid7 in a nutshell…
Rapid7 is breaking down silos and transforming how Security, IT, and DevOps teams work together to drive secure innovation. Our analytics and automation cloud, Rapid7 Insight, provides the shared visibility, intelligence, and connected workflow these teams need to manage the vulnerabilities, threats, and performance issues that put their organizations at risk. With more than 7,100 customers across 120 countries, Rapid7 is a recognized leader in cybersecurity that has proudly earned numerous industry accolades and strong recognition for our technology and culture.