Sales Development Internship - Summer 2019
Meet CarGurus—the #1 visited online car shopping website in the US. At CarGurus, we’re building the world’s most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace where it’s easy to find great deals from top-rated dealers.
Founded in 2006 by Langley Steinert (co-founder of TripAdvisor), CarGurus is a technology company with a passion for data and its power to simplify every aspect of the car shopping experience. Using proprietary technology, search algorithms and innovative data analytics, we provide unbiased validation on pricing, dealer reputation and vehicle history.
Are you looking to gain experience working with a Sales team at a dynamic, fun and fast-paced technology company? Are you interested in gaining Sales experience at one of Boston’s fastest growing technology companies? CarGurus is looking for qualified interns to join the Sales Development team to assist in overall day to day responsibilities, work flow operations, and various projects to impact the overall efficiency of the business. The successful candidate will have an entrepreneurial attitude, the ability to focus on tasks in a rapidly-changing working environment, strong communication skills, and be capable of finishing projects and tasks on time by adhering to a systematic and repeatable process.
The ideal candidate is comfortable operating independently and in a team setting, is comfortable juggling several different projects at once, and thrives in a fast-paced fun environment.
This position is for the Summer 2019 semester.
What You’ll Do:
- Using Salesforce, Google, and other resources; uncover new prospects and prequalify the dealerships
- Help ensure that each new prospect is engaged and fully understands the benefits of the values we provide
- Research accounts to determine the right contacts are identified to support the Sales effort
- Work cross departmentally within CarGurus on multiple long term and weekly projects
- Demonstrate persistence, tenacity, and the ability to overcome obstacles and handle objections
- Develop and consistently meet or exceed all assigned quotas and key performance metrics
- Log all sales activity completely and accurately in Salesforce
- Weekly one on one check ins and team meetings to facilitate growth
Who You Are:
- Sophomore, Junior, Senior from an accredited college, with a good academic standing. Interest in Sales is a plus.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to stay focused on task and follow directions precisely
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Experience with Salesforce.com is a plus.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively to deliver results.
At the core of our company culture is a spirit of innovation, curiosity and collaboration. True to our start-up roots, we’re nimble, flexible and hardworking. We have a great respect for testing and learning and a healthy aversion to scheduling meetings to discuss meetings. Lunch is catered daily. Interns are paid. Foosball and ping pong are played often. Now a publicly-traded company, we’re as committed as ever to cultivating the culture that got us here.
In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada, the UK and Germany with other markets on the horizon. Our offices are located in Cambridge, MA, Detroit, MI and Dublin, Ireland. If you’d like to learn more, please visit our careers page.