Software Engineer Co-op Spring 2019
We are a rapidly growing company that’s revolutionizing the way the restaurant industry does business by pairing technology with an unrivaled commitment to customer success. We help restaurants streamline operations, increase revenue, and deliver amazing guest experiences through our platform that combines restaurant point of sale, guest-facing technology, and award-winning customer support. As a Toaster, you will be challenged to take on meaningful projects that will help shape the future of the company. Join us as we empower the restaurant community to delight guests, do what they love, and thrive.
Toast is looking for self-motivated individuals who love building great software. We are building a system to handle web-scale utilizing the best set of technology available to us. From our core application built on top of android to a java micro service architecture on the back end we are not afraid of new technology and really hard problems with data flying around on thousands of devices and syncing to one another and our back end. We work hard to provide a well designed user interface for users that notice the milliseconds needed to enter a hamburger and to provide the infrastructure stability necessary so that this complex distributed system "just works". We need talented engineers to build and maintain the highest quality product as our vision moves forward.
What you will do:
- Build and maintain high performance, flexible and highly scalable web and mobile applications
- Participate in designing, estimating effort, implementing, testing, debugging, configuring, integrating and documenting database, middle-tier and front-end code
- Diagnose performance bottlenecks and implement optimizations
- Think in terms of the end-user and design accordingly
- Survey and evaluate available technology options
- Actively contribute to product design and feature selection discussions
- Participate in code reviews to ensure technical implementations meet functional requirements
Do you have the right ingredients?
- Strong foundation in computer science and ability to pick up new technologies (most development is done in java but not required)
- Ability and motivation to learn quickly and apply knowledge to solve real problems
- Android software development experience
- Great opportunity to join the next big thing
- Open work environment, free snacks and quarterly hackathons!
- Awesome collaborative co-workers