Software Engineering Internship (Summer 2019)
We are looking for engineering interns coming from a bootcamp, technical training program, online certification or self-instructed learning background! Bachelor's Degree not required.
Check out a video here where two of our engineers share more information on our internship program (one is previous intern)!
EdX is looking to hire passionate, committed, and talented interns for our summer internship program. This is an amazing opportunity to participate in an internship with a transformative, educational, e-commerce, start-up whose mission is to reinvent the way people are educated. We’re backed by Harvard & MIT and located in the heart of Kendall Square in Cambridge.
As an intern for edX you will work with an amazing group of innovators who are focused on the mission of offering interactive online classes from the world’s most innovative universities. This is a 12-week summer program that starts in May and ends in August.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Work 40-hours a week gaining real, full lifecycle software development skills on one of our engineering teams.
- You’ll join real world, critical projects as a fully integrated part of our engineering teams.
- Develop code, test your code, build software features, participate in software design, work on live tickets, and more!
Qualifications & Skills:
- Experience with software development.
- Pursuing a bootcamp, technical training program, online certification or self-instructed learning in Computer Science, Engineering or related.
- You are organized, reliable, collaborative, intellectually curious, and deadline oriented.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Some experience in software design, coding, and debugging is required. It is great if you can share work examples from programming projects outside of a classroom, whether during a hackathon, with a CS club, or in your own spare time.
The Fun Stuff:
- Free lunch Monday-Friday as well as free snacks and beverages in our cafeteria!
- Social outings throughout the summer (Think: edX Summer Party, Escape the Room, Boda Borg, etc.); you’ll also have an opportunity to hack at our Hackathon!
- Leaders at Lunch series where you get to have lunch with leaders across the organization.
Applicants must be able to work out of our Cambridge, MA office. Sorry, Visa sponsorship is not available. We are not working with outside agencies to hire for this position.