Summer Intern - Finance
Let me tell you about an artificial intelligence (AI) company that you probably have never heard of, but you will. As a matter of fact, this company is the world’s largest independent AI company and it’s headquartered in the Boston area. We operate at the intersection of customer experience and AI – two of today’s hottest and most dynamic industries.
Interactions’ mission is to create amazing customer experiences by advancing AI technology that understands and engages on a human level. The human element of what we do not only relates to how we differentiate our AI technology, more importantly, it informs and guides our focus on our most valuable asset, our employees. We endeavor to create opportunities for our employees to advance their skills, their interests, their passions, their careers and their lives. Like all companies, we’re not perfect, but we are committed to continually improving our employee value proposition, one that centers on competitiveness, flexibility and an appreciation for individuality.
For prospective employees, if that sounds challenging and exciting, we’d love to talk to you.
To support our continued growth, Interactions is continuing to expand its Internship Program for 2019 in the Finance department. The summer internship will last ten weeks.
- Assist with research, filing, data entry, and recording and maintaining accurate and complete financial records.
- Assist with analyzing financial results, reviewing and updating financial forecasts, building financial models, and creating financial metric reports.
- Prepare financial reports, such as balance sheets and income statements, invoices, and other documents.
- Handle sensitive or confidential information with honesty and integrity.
- Shadow members of the Accounting/Finance department as they perform their duties.
- Learn business drivers across the entire Interactions organization.
- Utilize Workday, our ERP system.
- Learn how to work as part of the Accounting/Finance team.
- Support Accounting/Finance adhoc projects to learn more about the departments and office operations.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Quantitative and analytical skills
- Basic understanding of GAAP and financial principles
- Motivated team player who can maintain efficiency and accuracy when multitasking
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate and problem-solve with others
- Naturally curious; actively challenged to identify & implement new ideas
- Experience using Excel to include Pivot tables, SUMIFS, VLOOKUPS, etc.
- Collaborative, trustworthy, receptive to feedback, and eager to learn.
- Being able to communicate analysis to internal stakeholders across various cost centers
- Must be a recent graduate or actively working towards a Bachelor’s or Master’s in Accounting or Finance.
- Satisfactory completion of introductory accounting and/or finance courses and a basic understanding of accounting and financial principles.
- Aptitude for math, proficiency with computers.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- High level of efficiency, accuracy, and responsibility.
- Motivation and strong desire to take on new challenges and learn as much as possible.