Technical Content Engineer Intern
As a Technical Content Engineer Co-op, you will be a part of the Documentation and Training team. This team is charged with creating and updating all forms of content related to the installation, operation, and repair of our equipment as well as training on the same.
You will be working to transition our documentation from its current end of life repository to a new solution in Atlasssian Confluence. As part of this move you will be reviewing existing documentation for update, removal and augmentation. The work will be a hybrid of traditional technical writing and video content production to continue our drive towards a multimedia documentation system. Each piece of content we deliver directly impacts the volume of support calls and puts our customers on a path to self reliance.
If you are interested in documentation and video in a technical environment and looking to get into the world of 3D printing this is a great opportunity.
In this role you will:
- Reorganization of Support Documentation into a cohesive storage and usage system
- Updating storage system with a new Atlasssian Confluence based solution
- Develop a basic understanding of our print systems to enable content creation
- Interface with Support team to assess their needs for new customer facing content
- Updates to various documents to account for product changes
- Video Production to augment written instruction for our equipment
What We Look For:
- Currently pursuing a degree in Engineering or other technical field
- Technical Writing experience
- Video Production experience
- Hands on technical experience
- Professional and/or volunteer experience
- Team player who can take a set of instructions and run
- Experience in Adobe Suite, specifically Indesign and Premiere
- Experience with HTML, markdown, Git, or other similar systems and languages
- Basic understanding of 3D printing concepts
- At Markforged, we have a culture that values learning, data-driven decision making, and prioritization
- We learn from failure and are not afraid to keep trying after others have given up
- We are a team of talented individuals and are looking to grow with enthusiastic individuals who share our vision of improving how the world innovates
Markforged values the differences among our employees and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment. These differences include but are not limited to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, results of genetic testing, or service in the military. This goal emphasizes the development of inclusive work environments that capitalize on each employee’s skills, experience, and unique perspectives as we strive to achieve an unparalleled standard of excellence.
To all recruitment agencies: Markforged does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or Markforged employees. Markforged is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Read Full Job Description