UX/UI Design Intern
To reinvent an industry, you have to build the best team. Join Formlabs if you want to bring ground-breaking professional 3D printers to the desktop of every designer, engineer, researcher, and artist in the world.
Formlabs develops the most powerful and intuitive software experiences in the industry. 3D printing remains a fairly complex and intimidating process, and our ultimate goal is to bring this exciting new technology to a broad variety of users in the most accessible, friendly, and empowering way possible.
As member of the team, you will work across disciplines to redefine how people bridge the transition from digital models to beautiful, physical objects through 3D printing. If you’re excited to reinvent how people make things, we’d love for you to join us as a UX/UI Design Intern!
**Submitting a portfolio is required for this role.**
- Sketch, design, prototype, test, and iterate on a continuous basis to invent, try, and communicate new ideas
- Work closely with the marketing and engineering teams to design assets and interactions that communicate Formlabs vision to the world
- Design web pages that communicate the value of our products
- Use your visual and digital design skills to help us tell beautiful stories and create an intuitive, powerful, and consistent software experience for our users
- Keep all of our visual messaging clean and consistent
- Develop user interfaces from low-fidelity wireframes to pixel-perfect interactive mock-ups across desktop, embedded and web
- Understand the value of mockups and fast prototyping as tools in your creative process and have the software development and some creative coding experience to make that happen
- Passionate about user interface design and overall user experience
- Are a self-starter and a digital storyteller
- Possess knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, FinalCut)
- Have an understanding of traditional and contemporary design standards (typography, UX/UI, color theory, and brand communication)
- Goal oriented, driven, and ready to do self-guided work in a fast-paced environment
- An excellent communicator who can clearly explain design decisions to any audience
- A flexible thinker who can craft exemplary designs and be ready to switch gears when priorities change
- Interested in continuously learning new tools and techniques and creating a user experience across a wide range of platforms
- Have a background in design, fine arts, and/or computer science
- An interest in 3D printing, CAD, and/or related technologies
- Familiarity with and/or interest in animation and motion graphics
- Experience working with digital and analog electronics