We are a rapidly growing company that’s revolutionizing the way the restaurant industry does business by pairing technology with an unrivaled commitment to customer success. We help restaurants streamline operations, increase revenue, and deliver amazing guest experiences through our platform that combines restaurant point of sale, guest-facing technology, and award-winning customer support. As a Toaster, you will be challenged to take on meaningful projects that will help shape the future of the company. Join us as we empower the restaurant community to delight guests, do what they love, and thrive.
As Toast's Contracts Attorney, you'll work in fast-paced setting leading the contracting support needs of Sales, Marketing and other departments throughout the organization. Reporting into the Corporate Counsel you'll be responsible for reviewing, drafting, and negotiating various software, services, customer, vendor and commercial contracts. You will also be charged with organizing and coordinating existing processes as well as updating and establishing improved processes designed to expedite the contracting process at Toast.
What you will do:
- review, draft and negotiate various commercial contracts
- serve as initial point of contact for any inbound contracting requests sent to the Legal team
- provide primary legal advice to Sales and Marketing teams at Toast
- be the point person for all contracts
Do you have the right ingredients?
- 3-5 years of in-house contracting/commercial experience (ideally in software)
- experience with drafting and negotiating commercial contracts
- ability to multi-task, prioritize and remain organized in a high-volume, fast-paced setting
- strong interpersonal and communication skills
- J.D. from an accredited law school
- Software contracting experience
- Payments/financial services experience