Located in Cambridge, Massachusetts, Cogo Labs, Inc. is currently looking for a contracts professional to join its team to support Cogo Labs and its incubating entities with their customer and vendor contract needs. As an individual contributor, this professional will be responsible for managing the contracts process from beginning to end, with a primary focus on identifying and mitigating organizational risk. This position does not have managerial responsibility or budgetary discretion.
- Manage Cogo Lab’s contracts process, including:
- reviewing, drafting, redlining, approving and, when necessary, negotiating contract language for a variety of customer and vendor contracts, including: non-disclosure agreements, email marketing agreements, lead referral agreements, marketing affiliate agreements, data license agreements, content licenses, services agreements, software license agreements, consulting agreements, and insertion orders;
- ensuring that all such contracts are in compliance with company policies, procedures and compliance obligations;
- communicating and corresponding with internal clients and other stakeholders; and
- ensuring proper execution and filing of contracts.
- Identify and address business, legal and compliance risks, working to find solutions to mitigate such risks and elevating issues for higher-level review (for example, by legal counsel) and approval, when necessary.
- Provide guidance on contract terms to business managers and other employees, as needed.
- Maintain Cogo Lab’s contracts database.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum 5 years’ contracts experience
- Knowledge of contract principles and their application
- Experience in reviewing and drafting legal language for a variety of contracts in the U.S. software and/or technology services industry
- Experience reviewing contracts independently from start to finish
- Able to identify business and legal issues and risks
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- High degree of trustworthiness and ability to maintain confidentiality
- Able to manage multiple projects simultaneously, while maintaining a high level of responsiveness and attention to detail
- Self-motivated and able to work independently with minimal supervision