This position will be in a high-energy, deadline driven environment and own responsibility for the company’s growing day to day Contract functions. The location of this role is ideally in Boston and primarily responsibility will be the review, analysis and negotiation of terms and conditions of a variety of commercial contracts, collaborating as needed.
- Review, analyze, revise, draft and negotiate commercial agreements and statements of work in support of Sales and Purchasing, including direct negotiation with customers/vendors, partners and other. Working with internal/external legal as needed.
- Coordinate negotiations with internal business members and make recommendations regarding contract negotiations and contractual terms, including planning and development of negotiation strategy
- Drive updates to standard contracts and other form documents and related contract material
- Maintain/update contract policies and procedures. Track, report and measure overall aspects of the contract process
- Assist with special projects, as assigned
- 7+ years of experience in contract drafting, negotiation and review with a focus on Software license agreements, privacy, risk and regulatory issues.
- Experience identifying and mitigating risks in a complex business environment
- Experience working directly with attorneys and/or other third parties in both advisory and negotiation capacities
- Excellent written communication skills, with clear and concise drafting skills
- Excellent oral communication and effective negotiation skills
- Excellent judgment as to business, risk and legal matters, including appropriate escalation of issues
- Ability to perform diligence to understand the business objectives and independently resolve challenges to the business objectives
- Highly organized and capable of efficiently handling multiple projects at the same time, setting appropriate priorities
- Proficient computer skills, including Word, Excel and the use of Salesforce
- Government contract experience a plus