Director, Regulatory Compliance
We’re reimagining sports and technology.
DraftKings is bringing sports fans closer to the games they love and becoming an essential part of their experience in the process. An industry pioneer since our founding in 2012, we believe we can continue to define what it means to be a technology company in sports entertainment. We love what we do, and we think you will too.
Work with us as we invent an industry.
We’re growing rapidly and are looking for a Director, Regulatory Compliance, to work with the business to implement laws and regulations and external regulators to influence positive changes in the regulatory environment. Sound good to you? Join us.
What you’ll do as a Director, Regulatory Compliance:
- Report directly to the VP of Compliance and Risk
- Influence regulators towards positive changes in regulation, project manage company effort to implement the requirements
- Align internal and external stakeholders
- Drive launch coordination between internal functions and regulatory agencies
- Evaluate existing processes to new requirements
- Identify and communicate any gaps
- Act as the liaison post launch with regulators in relationship and issue management to maintain positive reputation
- Build relationships with regulators in states where the company expects legislation to be enacted in the near future
- Partner with Legislative Affairs to educate and influence new legislation and/or seek changes in existing legislation
- Implement DraftKing’s Title 31, Bank Secrecy Act, Anti-Money Laundering, Age Verification, Location Verification and OFAC compliance programs implementing industry best practices.
- Conduct ongoing risk assessments and monitoring of processes and procedures to ensure that the company complies with all relevant legislation, rules and regulations.
- Prepare regular and ad hoc reports to keep senior management and officers informed of the status of compliance efforts and changes in the regulatory environment.
- Contribute to the company’s understanding of the industry and its regulations, making recommendations, developing strategies to ensure compliance.
- Manage cross functional regulatory compliance projects as needed.
- Liaise with other companies, service providers, test laboratories, external legal advisors, local government, regulatory authorities and relevant service providers in various jurisdictions when required.
What skills you will use:
- Bachelor’s Degree; Master's preferred
- Licenses/Certifications: CAMS, CIPP or CRCM preferred
- Ideally, you have a minimum of 10+ years of experience dealing with financial or casino regulatory compliance; experience dealing with regulatory agencies.
- Knowledge of Title 31, Bank Secrecy Act, Anti-Money Laundering, Age Verification, Location Verification and OFAC regulations are strongly preferred
- Acquire and maintain knowledge of State, Federal, and International gaming and applicable financial laws
- Analyze existing capabilities and reconcile with pending legislation and regulation, working with appropriate stakeholders to influence change as needed.
- Work with regulatory bodies or other external stakeholders to respond to inquiries and explain results, as necessary.
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- You have the ability to manage tight deadlines and multiple complex projects simultaneously
Who are we a good fit for?
We love working with talented people but more than that, we seek out compassionate co-workers with a collaborative spirit. Our work moves quickly and we’re great at coming together to find creative solutions to some of tech’s most interesting problems. If that sounds good to you, join us.
We’re proud to believe that your gender, race, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, status as a protected veteran, or status as an individual with a disability should have nothing to do with our hiring practices. We’ll never discriminate against anyone’s background or creed. If you’re good at what you do, we want you to do it at DraftKings.