To reinvent an industry, you have to build the best team. Join Formlabs if you want to bring groundbreaking professional 3D printers to the desktop of every designer, engineer, researcher, and artist in the world.
Formlabs is growing quickly on all fronts. We employ 500+ people with over $100M in revenue, and have closed a Series D investment at a $1B valuation. Our headquarters is in the Boston area with offices in 5 other countries.
You will report directly to our CEO, and will be essential to sustaining our growth.
If you are excited about leading an accomplished legal team navigate the intricacies of the law to bring something great into the world, we want you on our team! Join us as General Counsel and you can help keep our growing team empowered to change the world!
- Partner with the senior leadership team and board of directors, consulting on legal matters across IP, employment, commercial agreements, regulatory and compliance, corporate governance, etc
- Oversee development of our portfolio, strategy with respect to competition, and litigation. Formlabs is a high tech business where IP is a core part of the value we are building.
- Structure and manage our global legal resources and team
- Oversee the selection, retention, management and evaluation of all outside counsel
- Judge the merits of major court cases filed against or on behalf of the company, work with the appropriate executive(s) to determine a strategic defense and approve settlements of disputes where warranted.
- Have a desire to make a direct improvement in the business and contribute to its growth and success
- Excel at taking abstract or ambiguous requests and turn them into concrete recommendations
- Are experienced in managing other attorneys and support staff in a corporation as well as outside counsel
- Are a skilled negotiator around litigation, commercial agreements, and outside counsel
- Are willing and able to work out of Formlabs’ Boston office
- Are admitted to practice in or eligible for Massachusetts In-House Counsel registration
- Passion for manufacturing, digital fabrication, or 3D printing
- Intellectual property background
- Work experience at a startup
- Engineering, design or other similar education or professional experience
- The chance to be part of an exceptionally fast-growing company in a disruptive industry
- Flexible Vacation
- Premium coverage for medical, dental, and vision plans
- Paid parental leave
- Commuter benefits
- Unlimited 3D prints
Please note you will be based out of our Somerville, MA office.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Even if you don't check every box, but see yourself contributing, please apply. Help us build an inclusive community that will change the face of 3D printing.