This is a terrific opportunity for a self-motivated individual to join our team. At Forward Financing, our mission is to be the leading provider of financing solutions to under-served small businesses. As one of the fastest growing companies in Massachusetts we are at the forefront of growth in the FinTech space. We are 100% dedicated to this vertical and to achieving our mission.
We are seeking an ambitious, resourceful and dedicated professional to assist our Legal Department with a variety of administrative tasks. As a Legal Assistant, you will help out with our arbitration caseload, and perform other administrative tasks as needed.
In this role you will:
- Administer your own arbitration caseload under the supervision of an attorney. Includes drafting of legal forms, filing of demands, maintaining up-to-date reporting for attorneys, keeping track of all details and deadlines on your caseload, and providing high quality work product that requires little to no editing before filing.
- Prepare for and attend arbitration telephonic hearings.
- Proofread affidavits, documents and emails for paralegals and attorneys.
- Review and arrange payments of invoices.
- Maintain legal databases.
- Handle all incoming and outgoing mail for the department.
- Various other administrative duties as needed.
- Passionate: High energy. “Can-do-attitude.” Enthusiastic. Optimistic, open, and objective toward others.
- Coachable: Open to feedback and continual professional improvement. Flexible and adaptable.
- High Standards: Quality orientation. Follow through on commitments. A doer who gets things done.
- Efficient: Producing significant output with minimal wasted effort, organized planning and prioritization.
- Proactive: Self-starter, continually seeks additional responsibilities. Willingness to go the distance to get something done, including working long hours at times if needed.
- Collaborative: Strong “people orientation.” Can disagree without being abrasive or intimidating. Team player.
- Emotional Intelligence: High degree of self-awareness. Handles interpersonal relationships judiciously and empathetically. Exercises good judgement while under pressure.
- Communicator: Speaks and writes clearly and articulately without being overly verbose or talkative and possesses an openness to people and a willingness to hear what others are saying.
- Ability to Prioritize: Tackle several projects simultaneously, aligning the order in which you complete with the most pressing needs.
- Quick Study: Intelligent. Quickly and proficiently learn, understand and absorb new information.
- Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree
- 1-3 years experience working in a fast-paced office environment
- Working knowledge of Word
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Knowledge or Excel and/or Powerpoint
- Experience in a law firm is a plus
Forward Financing is a Boston-based financial technology company that provides fast, flexible, and reliable working capital to small and medium-size businesses nationwide. By combining proprietary technology with a team of small business financing experts, Forward Financing delivers same day funding with the speed and simplicity business owners need to succeed and grow. With a simple online application, businesses can trust Forward Financing for approvals within minutes, funding within hours, and personalized support and service when they need it most.
Since 2012, Forward Financing has provided over $500m in funding to more than 10,000 small businesses. Consistently recognized as an industry leader, the company is A+ rated by the Better Business Bureau and receives top ratings across all major customer review platforms. In 2017 and 2018, Forward Financing was named by Inc. Magazine and the Boston Business Journal as one of the fastest growing companies in Massachusetts. Learn more at www.forwardfinancing.com
At Forward Financing, we believe that if our company succeeds, all of our employees succeed too. We offer a competitive compensation package for highly qualified candidates that are extremely motivated, have a positive attitude, and are able to ramp up quickly. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and commuter benefits along with gym reimbursement, 401K, paid volunteering days and a matching gift program. We work in an open environment with a start-up vibe, conveniently located just steps away from South Station. You will have the opportunity to work with people that enjoy a fun, social office culture.