Regulatory and Compliance Manager, Seed, Grain and Organic
REGULATORY AND COMPLIANCE MANAGER, SEED, GRAIN AND ORGANIC
The role of Regulatory and Compliance Manager, Seed, Grain and Organic Registrations, is responsible for managing, coordination and completion of regulatory activities required for compliance with commercial seed regulations, commercial grain dealer regulations and for organic agricultural products registrations in North America.
1. Execute and manage compliance and registrations of Indigo seed in North America.
2. Ensure and manage the regulatory compliance required for packaging, shipping and logistics of commercial Indigo seed to enable uninterrupted movement of commercial untreated and treated seed within United States and import/export within North America.
3. Execute and manage compliance with commercial grain dealer regulations in North America.
4. Develop rationales, documentations and submissions to gain and maintain the above registrations / licenses.
5. Execute and manage Organic submissions, registrations, certifications (OMRI/other) for Indigo products.
6. Develop and implement internal processes, SOPs and document controls for all the above.
7. Manage and prioritize numerous work streams simultaneously through effective communications with Head of Regulatory, Quality Assurance, Operations, Supply Chain, Product Managers, Legal, Finance and with government agencies and other stakeholders relevant to seed, grain and seed applied biological products.
8. Remain educated and informed on regulatory issues related to seed, grain, and organic industries.
* Passion for Agriculture and Sustainable solutions
* Strong strategic and critical thinking skills and technical writing skills
* Well-structured communication skills
* Team-oriented style and strong work ethic
* High standards for self and the team around
* Strong EQ (interpersonal, communication and relationship building skills)
* Ability to gain consensus working collaboratively and cross-functionally with internal and external parties
* Ability to iterate, learn and adapt quickly as the regulatory and technologies landscapes evolve
* Appropriate balance of confidence and humility
BS degree, preferably with emphasis on agronomy or environmental sciences
Minimum of 4 years of hands on working experience in a commercial agricultural company on regulatory affairs in US
Strong knowledge of current States and Federal regulations of biological seed applied products, seed and grain
Expertise on biological and biorational products registrations for agricultural seed treatment use