Senior Associate Corporate Counsel
VMware, through its recent acquisition of CloudHealth Technologies, is on a quest to solidify and expand our position as the premier Cloud Service Management leader. A proven leader in cloud, VMware’s CloudHealth by VMware technology helps customers manage the complexity that comes with cloud computing. In addition to CloudHealth by VMware, our broad portfolio of cloud offerings allows customers to run, manage, connect and secure applications across clouds and devices in a common operating environment.
We are intellectual mavericks, pioneers, game-changers, and doers of the extraordinary, on a mission to create cloud, mobility, security, and virtualization solutions that will reach millions of users around the world. At VMware, our people are empowered to succeed and are valued for their innovative contributions as we revolutionize the IT industry. We are committed to building a community where great people want to work long term by living our values of passion, innovation, execution, teamwork, active learning and giving back. If you are ready to accelerate, innovate and lead, join us as we challenge constraints and problem solve for tomorrow today.
VMware is looking for a top-rate attorney to join its Commercial Legal Group, specializing in CloudHealth Technologies by VMware deals. This position will be based in Boston, MA. Our legal department is full of legal innovators who are energetic, smart and business-minded on the professional front, and genuinely good people on the personal front. We love to add attorneys who maintain the highest business and professional standards and who aren’t afraid to bring their true selves to work each day.
- You will draft, review, and negotiate SaaS, partner and customer agreements.
- You will play an important role in integrating CloudHealth Technologies by VMware into the VMware ecosystem.
- You will assist with legal department projects as assigned, including efforts to develop, implement and enhance processes that improve transaction velocity without material increases in risk.
- As a fiduciary for the company, you will drive compliance in day-to-day sales activities, including providing training and counseling to business professionals and coordinating with other groups within the VMware Legal Department on compliance matters.
- You will stay on top of changing regulations, laws, and industry standards and effectively work with a variety of business stakeholders to develop and implement practices that support innovation and growth while maintaining appropriate commercial risk.
- You will be up for handling anything else that gets thrown your way as needed to support a dynamic, innovative company.
- 5+ years of transactional legal experience with big law firm or in-house global enterprise company.
- Experience in high volume commercial transactions with a company of similar size and scale to VMware.
- You are an excellent negotiator who knows how to keep complex legal negotiations simple and clear.
- You are a practical and proactive problem-solver who possesses strong business acumen and is confident and calm under fire.
- You are able to juggle multiple priorities and tasks in a fast-paced environment and get the right things down.
- You have strong interpersonal skills.
- You have the highest integrity and are a great collaborator.
- JD from an accredited US law school.
- Member of a State Bar and in good standing.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
Our team looks for individuals who embody our values of humility, compassion, collaboration above isolationism, respectfulness, integrity, and good-natured fun. Candidates with SaaS expertise will stand out.