Senior Counsel, Corporate
The Senior Counsel, Corporate role will be based in Boston and report to the Corporate General Counsel. You will act as the legal team’s point person globally on all third party contracts, working closely with the business to draft and negotiate all manner of agreements relating to Circle’s suite of crypto offerings. You will also work closely with the rest of the corporate legal team to execute on acquisitions, financings, and other strategic transactions. You will be joining a fun, fast-paced and growing legal team working collaboratively together on novel legal issues.
What You’ll Work On
- Draft, negotiate and review a variety of contracts including non-disclosure agreements, vendor agreements, partnership agreements, sponsorship agreements, crypto purchase and sale agreements, and other commercial contracts.
- Act as the primary point of contact globally for the finance, sales, marketing, business development and other business units for third party contracts, overseeing the entire lifecycle of all contracts from concept through negotiation and execution to ongoing management and oversight.
- Develop best practices for company contract processes including drafting and maintaining company-approved template agreements and provisions, and providing training to the company on contract considerations and negotiation strategy.
- Implement technical solutions to improve contract management processes to increase efficiency and speed of execution at time of contract signing as well as ongoing visibility into outstanding contract obligations.
- Provide support on acquisitions, equity rounds, debt facilities and other strategic transactions by conducting due diligence, drafting agreements and contributing to strategy discussions.
- Assist with all matters relating to global corporate governance including forming entities, drafting board minutes, coordinating with the finance team on intercompany arrangements and capital contributions.
- Develop best practices for company contract processes including maintaining company-approved templates and providing training to the company on contract considerations and negotiation strategy.
- Collaborate with the rest of the global legal team on executing priorities and meeting team and company-wide goals.
What You’ll Bring to Circle:
- Undergraduate degree and law degree.
- Active membership in at least one U.S. State bar.
- 5+ years’ experience at a top tier law firm and/or in-house with a large company, with extensive background in contract negotiation and management and primary drafting experience for strategic transactions.
- Exceptional critical thinking abilities, strong business acumen and excellent judgment; must be able to work independently, manage multiple priorities, and pivot between responsibilities in a fast-paced, high-growth environment.
- Superior drafting and legal technical skills, with keen attention to detail.
- Must be comfortable providing legal guidance on short timelines and with limited information and then helping to execute on the business decision – even if it involves legal risks.
- Passion and depth of experience with blockchain technology is preferred; willingness to learn more about blockchain technology and cryptocurrency is required.
- Exemplary personal and professional integrity and business ethics. Exercises discretion and maintains confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Commitment to diversity and a respect for others.
Circle was founded in 2013 by internet entrepreneurs Jeremy Allaire and Sean Neville. We’re backed by $250 million from investors including Jim Breyer (Facebook), Goldman Sachs, IDG Capital (Baidu, Tencent), General Catalyst (AirBnB, Snapchat), Accel Partners, and Bitmain, with offices in Boston, New York, San Francisco, Dublin, London and Hong Kong.
Circle Pay enables customers to send and receive money, across borders and currencies. Circle Invest empowers consumers to buy and sell crypto assets. Circle Trade is one of the world’s top market makers for major crypto coins and offers OTC trading services for institutions and high net worth individuals. Additionally, in 2018 Circle acquired Poloniex and signed an agreement to acquire SeedInvest, both of which enable us to expand our offerings even further. Poloniex is one of the world's leading token marketplaces. SeedInvest is the largest equity crowdfunding platform in the United States, as well as a licensed broker-dealer.
Check us out at circle.com and download Circle Pay & Circle Invest for iOS and Android today.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Circle. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.