Sr. Specialist, Permitting & State Registrations
Indigo improves grower profitability, environmental sustainability, and consumer health through the use of natural microbiology and digital technologies. Utilizing beneficial plant microbes and agronomic insights, Indigo works with growers to sustainably produce high quality harvests. The company then connects growers and buyers directly to bring these harvests to market. Working across the supply chain, Indigo is forwarding its mission of harnessing nature to help farmers sustainably feed the planet. The company is headquartered in Boston, MA, with additional offices in Memphis, TN, Research Triangle Park, NC, Sydney, Australia, Buenos Aires, Argentina, and São Paulo, Brazil. www.indigoag.com
- Understand USDA APHIS PPQ permitting guidelines and protocols as they relate to Indigo’s microbial product candidate pipeline.
- Apply, track, communicate and maintain USDA PPQ permits to enable microbial collections and individual strains to arrive to Indigo locations for research purposes and gain these permits.
- Work cross functionally and execute dossiers for acquiring Non Jurisdiction status.
- Create and maintain permitting database to track all active permits and applications.
- Maintain signatures of current employees on existing lab research permits, updating with new staff and new permits as needed.
- Work closely with Discovery to anticipate permit needs.
- Work with Field Sciences team to understand the field trials program each season and anticipate regulatory needs.
- Develop and maintain working relationships with USDA personnel along with the Sr Regulatory & Compliance Manager.
- Keep up-to-date with agency (USDA) changes and agency news.
- Stay current in policy-making.
- Support Sr Regulatory & Compliance Manager with Indigo’s abiotic product and Indigo Research Partner experimental product registrations in the US.
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of State registration process and stays current in State regulations.
- Maintains integrity of regulatory data.
- Supports Sr Regulatory & Compliance Manager with product MSDS’s and label development.
- Works effectively with scientists to facilitate timely acquisition of data for dossiers.
- Carries out other work assignments as needed.
- Understands and embodies our purpose & core values.
- Understanding of microbial/microbe taxonomy.
- Understanding of abiotic product registrations in the US.
- Strong communication skills both internally & externally with USDA, State and other agencies.
- Be a team player.
- Experience with regulatory agencies.
- Attention to detail.
- Collaborative (internally & externally).
- Organized & good at multi-tasking.
- Strong time management skills.
- Works well under pressure and with sense of urgency.
- Ability & skill to work with government agencies (USDA, APHis, PPQ, States, etc) and execute on time.
- Strategic thinker.
- Master’s degree preferable with 3+ years of experience.
- Experience with USDA/APHIS permitting application processes.
- Experience with abiotic product state registration processes.
- Experience in regulatory (field trials experience is a plus).