Ads Automation Manager - User Acquisition (Technical)
Hopper is the smart way to book travel on your phone. Combining massive amounts of data and advanced machine learning algorithms, Hopper predicts and analyzes airfare and accommodation to save users money and enable them to travel more often.
Since its launch in 2015, Hopper has become one of the fastest growing travel apps ever with over 30 million installs to date. It is now the most downloaded flights booking app in North America and travelers have booked hundreds of millions of dollars in flights and hotels around the world using Hopper.
The app has received accolades such as Fast Company’s Most Innovative Company in Travel 2018, the Google Play Award for Standout Startup of 2016, and Apple’s App Store Best of 2015.
We’re looking for an individual to join our User Acquisition team. The UA team is in charge of automating the creation of large-scale digital advertising campaigns. Our Hopper Ads Engine generates hundreds of thousands of ads every week based on real-time flights price data. These ads are then delivered to travelers around the world, based on their likeliness to book these deals on Hopper.
In this role, you will:
- Help deploy a multimillion dollars marketing budget to generate millions of installs every month for an app loved and used by travelers around the world.
- Build and improve the Hopper Ads Engine, built on top of Facebook, Snapchat, Twitter and Pinterest marketing APIs and our internal Flight Deals API.
- Automate through custom scripts the creation, optimization and scaling of user acquisition campaigns on 10+ different channels, from Facebook, Snapchat, Pandora, influencers, TV ads, …
- Track and report on campaign performance using advanced LTV and cohorts analysis. Uncover growth and optimization opportunities with your own data queries and pivot tables.
- Collaborate with the data science, product and engineering teams on tracking, product features or internal APIs challenges.
- Represent Hopper and lead the mobile travel industry in all things UA. Work hand in hand with the travel teams at Facebook, Snapchat, Instagram, Google, … to make of Hopper an example to follow.
A perfect candidate has:
- Experience with databases, writing SQL queries
- Experience with analytics and tracking tools
- The ability to work with minimal guidance, be proactive and to handle uncertainty, ambiguity and the challenge of quickly evolving goals
- Interest in the travel industry and startups; you should be comfortable working in a small team and a fast-paced environment
Nice to have:
- Experience with Facebook/AdWords/Twitter or any other marketing platform API
- Knowledge of Mobile Measurement Partners (AppsFlyer…), Tableau, Spark SQL
- Knowledge of the digital advertising field, experience with ad servers, programmatic buying, real time bidding platforms, etc
- Experience with automatically generating images and videos at scale
- Bonus points if you have a verbal and written fluency in multiple languages or if you have worked for a company with an international reach
- Well-funded and proven startup with larger ambitions, competitive salary and stock options
- Access to comprehensive medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance, all on us
- In Cambridge, work in a historic factory building near Kendall Square; in Montreal, work in an artist’s loft in the Mile End
- Easy commute with a paid-for public transportation or paid parking
- IATA Travel Agent Card for discounts in the travel industry
- Fully stocked kitchen with: coffee/tea, beer, bagels and healthy snacks
- Team lunches, off-site activities and much more!