B2B Marketing Director, Events & Partner Marketing
Meet CarGurus—the #1 visited online car shopping website in the US. At CarGurus, we’re building the world’s most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace where it’s easy to find great deals from top-rated dealers.
Founded in 2006 by Langley Steinert (co-founder of TripAdvisor), CarGurus is a technology company with a passion for data and its power to simplify every aspect of the car shopping experience. Using proprietary technology, search algorithms, and innovative data analytics, we provide unbiased validation of pricing, dealer reputation, and vehicle history.
The CarGurus B2B Marketing team is looking for a strategic and analytical marketer to lead our global strategy and operations for dealer events and marketing partnerships. Events are a core part of CarGurus’ marketing mix and significantly impact revenue across new and existing customer relationships. To lead this team, we’re looking for a results-oriented, entrepreneurial marketing leader, who is passionate about events and experiential marketing.
This B2B Marketing Director will be responsible for CarGurus’ owned marquee events, including our first ever user conference, industry trade shows and conferences, premium experiences, smaller dinners and everything in between. S/he will also be responsible for building out our partner marketing strategy and developing relationships with our industry partners to achieve our marketing goals. Collaboration and leadership are critical to success in this role. In order to achieve our business objectives through events, the director will partner with the marketing and sales teams and lead a small team of events managers and marketers, with the potential for expansion.
What You'll Do:
- Set the vision and strategy to drive new business and retain/expand existing business through events and partnerships
- Develop a global event marketing strategy and operational plan, including annual planning, budgeting, and creation of events with focus on ROI
- Develop a partner marketing strategy that builds on existing partnerships developed with industry thought leaders and CarGurus partners, while also building out new partnerships
- Identify success metrics for events and provide relevant post event reporting
- Develop robust event processes to ensure efficient and flawless execution of events
- Lead direct reports and agencies (where applicable) in upfront planning and execution of our events, event sponsorships and speaking engagements
- Inspire the team to think outside the box and develop unique themes, messaging, and thought leadership content for our strategic events portfolio
- Recruit, train and manage career development of team of high achieving event marketers
- Collaborate with sales and marketing management to ensure business objectives are met, teams are aligned with plans, and communications are clear
- Partner with business development, product, sales and advertising teams to identify key industry partnership opportunities for marketing
- Partner with marketing teams to develop event branding and content, and promote events and partnerships to different audiences via digital, print and social media channels
Who You Are:
- 10+ years of professional experience in high-profile consumer/B2B tech company in marketing, brand management, or related roles
- 5+ years of hands-on planning and execution of B2B marketing campaigns and events
- Experience across multiple facets of event marketing, including program management, event execution, communications and campaign development, brand strategy, and measurement.
- Experience attracting, developing and leading a high performing B2B marketing team
- Strong analytical experience, and continued comfort with digging deep in Excel
- A proven ability to work effectively in a dynamic, team-based environment
- Strong organization and project management skills with ability to multi-task
- Exceptional communications skills and executive presence
- A Bachelor’s Degree required; MBA or equivalent Master’s degree preferred
At the core of our company culture is a spirit of innovation, curiosity and collaboration. True to our start-up roots, we’re nimble, flexible and hardworking. We have a great respect for testing and learning and a healthy aversion to scheduling meetings to discuss meetings. Lunch is catered daily. Gym membership is free. Foosball and ping pong are played often. Now a publicly-traded company, we’re as committed as ever to cultivating the culture that got us here.
In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada, the UK, and Germany with other markets on the horizon. Our offices are located in Cambridge, MA, Detroit, MI and Dublin, Ireland. If you’d like to learn more, please visit our careers page.