If you’re looking to be part of a Communications team that works hard, loves what they do and laughs a lot doing it, you’ve just found your next role. As MassMutual’s newest communication consultant, you’ll drive strategic communications for our corporate units, serving as the main communication strategist for Finance, Law, Investment Management, and Enterprise Risk. To keep things interesting, you’ll also participate in or lead communications for various enterprise-wide initiatives as they come up. And we’ll give you a shot at other opportunities that we think will help you grow (e.g., business line or executive communications, maybe even digital and design if it suits you).
In the meantime, you’ll be part of a dedicated team, responsible for developing internal communications strategies, presentations, talking points, and other materials. You’ll work closely with business partners at all levels of the organization to identify communication needs and then bring solutions to life using traditional and emerging media tactics (e.g., written, visual, video, etc.).
We’re looking for someone who can provide top notch communication counsel and create amazing strategies, hates corporate buzzwords, loves working collaboratively, doesn’t mind being edited (because you are just as geeky about words as we are...) and can put words together in such a way that makes employees (our audience) tell us they just. can’t. stop. reading.
You’ll grow on this team. You’ll work hard on this team. You’ll laugh on this team. But most of all, you’ll be proud to be a part of a team that is doing its part to help people secure their future and protect the ones they love.
**This position can be located in Springfield, MA or Boston, MA**
- Work with business partners, including members of our corporate unit leadership teams, to identify internal communication needs and develop strategies and materials to implement effective communication solutions.
- Effectively counsel partners as appropriate, ensuring consistency and quality of communications.
- Serve as the key communication partner to Finance, Law, Investment Management, and Enterprise Risk, providing counsel and ensuring consistency and quality of communications.
- Support or lead various enterprise-wide projects as needed.
- Contribute to the planning and management of key meetings and special events, including preparation of agendas, talking points and presentations.
- Effectively collaborate with communication counterparts in Strategic Communications and other areas of the business on integrated communications plans as required.
- Develop clear and concise written communications for a variety of internal audiences and platforms, including the company intranet.
- Actively participate in editorial meetings and internal communications strategy sessions.
- Participate in data-driven analysis of communications effectiveness and have the ability to adapt/respond to findings.
- Participate on cross-business project teams as needed/required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in communications, journalism or related field
- 8+ year of of communications experience, with at least five years specific to internal/employee communications.
- Strong writing, editing and verbal communication skills with demonstrated ability to write clearly and concisely on a variety of complex business topics.
- Ability to collaborate and influence across and at all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to develop integrated communication plans that take into account the needs of various audiences.
- Effectively handle priorities from multiple partners simultaneously.
- Commitment to understanding and applying communication best practices and innovative techniques as appropriate.
- Experience with financial communications preferred.