Content and Social Media Manager
Greater Boston Area
Mendix is on a mission to fundamentally reinvent the way applications are created, by abstracting the process and enabling everyone who has a stake in an enterprise’s digital future — business people and analysts, web developers, software engineers, even CEOs — to meaningfully participate, thereby creating better applications faster. Our goal is simply to create the future of software development.
The Position: Content Marketing and Social Media Manager
As the Content Marketing and Social Media Manager, you will play a role in our success by overseeing critical aspects of our digital marketing strategy and maximize engagement with our communities of developers and IT business leaders. You will assist in telling the Mendix story, spread awareness of low-code app development and using the blog and social media channels to achieve our sales and marketing goals.
- Own the content editorial calendar and work across MX contributors (i.e. corporate events promos, webinars, etc.)
- Curate, research, write, and edit content, including but not limited to whitepapers, blog posts, eBooks, social media posts, video scripts, infographics, emails, interactive content and web copy, all designed to build meaningful connections with key stakeholder audiences on digital and social channels;
- Manage social media accounts (Twitter and LinkedIn), including; planning content, publishing content, monitoring comments, direct messages and mentions, analyzing insights and suggesting improvements;
- Collaborate with video team on YouTube content and social promotion
- Identify influencers and IT leaders that can help grow our digital reach and routinely engage them;
- Work closely with digital marketing and SEO teams in setting up social media and content strategy and executing it;
- Energize team with your ideas and facilitate development of new content marketing formats (newsletters, podcasts, video testimonials etc.) and assist in its storytelling;
- Support paid digital marketing efforts and ensure synergy with all efforts;
- Express expertise social media domain in order to serve as the social media go-to-person within the company, and maintain and develop an understanding of best practices, features, industry changes, strategies and tactics;
- Design and execute routine social media and blog content reporting, both quantitatively and qualitatively on key metrics on content performance, including growth in fans/followers, engagement, web traffic, revenue influence, consumer sentiment and trends in conversation.
To be successful in this job, you'll need:
- A well-rounded background (3+ years) managing social media and digital content for global enterprise technology companies
- A history of success developing an editorial calendar from scratch
- An ability to measure/report on your success using social analytics and traffic measurement tools
- Experience collaborating with a digital marketing/SEO team on strategy and execution
- Demonstrated problem-solving and project management skills
- Experience developing, sourcing and creating outstanding images, graphics and video for social media
While we live on different continents and work on different things, we are one team with a shared mission and set of values. We are passionate and strive for new heights, professionally and personally. We value collaboration, initiative and hands-on creativity. Above all else, we believe in a culture of growth, respect, and fun.
Make your career at Mendix.
There are precious few jobs that let you create the future. But you’ll find one at Mendix. We pioneered low-code software development technology, which is arguably one of the most transformative technologies of the 21st century for building applications. Already, Mendix is the engine powering digital innovation for thousands of enterprises. The world of software will never be the same, thanks to Mendix. Neither will you, once you start making the future as part of the Mendix team.
Important to know: Mendix is a Siemens business, which means we’re backed by the resources and stability of one of the world’s largest and most forward-looking enterprises. Think: job security.
Since our company was founded in 2005, our aim is to create a great work environment for people at all stages in their careers. That’s why we are so pleased and honored that we were rated a top Cloud Computing Company to work for in 2019, based on feedback from our employees on Glassdoor. Our organization is growing, in 2018 we added 200 new employees and opened new offices in the U.S., Germany and the Netherlands and we have plans to open a new office in the U.K. in 2019.
Read Full Job Description