Content Marketing Manager
edX is looking for a highly motivated, prolific and talented Content Marketing Manager who will have a direct impact on growing our Enterprise, Master’s Degrees, and Consumer businesses while working in a dynamic mission-driven organization. Reporting to the Director of Product Marketing, the Content Marketing Manager will work as part of the marketing team to develop content strategies, create compelling content that drives leads and revenue, and expand our company’s digital footprint. This role requires a high level of creativity, attention to detail, and project management skills.
Are you ready to join a startup that’s transforming education? At edX, our mission is to offer a world-class education to everyone, everywhere, allowing them to gain the in-demand skills and knowledge that will lead to career and lifelong success. Today, edX.org, a not-for-profit in Cambridge provides more than 18 million people access to education from the best universities and institutions in the world, including Harvard, MIT, Oxford, and Microsoft. edX provides inspirational and transformative knowledge to students of all ages, social status, and income who form worldwide communities of learners.
- Manage content marketing strategies and asset creation across multiple areas of edX: edX For Business, Master’s degrees on edX, and our B2C business
- Drive growth of our Enterprise and Degrees businesses through inbound marketing efforts, specifically in the form of medium to long form copy
- Create evergreen resources each month to drive leads, subscribers, awareness, and/or other important metrics (examples include ebooks, whitepapers, infographics, guides, templates, etc.).
- Own the edX Blogs and develop a blog content strategy to help drive business goals: develop regular cadence of blog articles to attract site visitors through search, social media, and email subscribers.
- Collaborate with edX designers, product marketers, sales professionals, external influencers, and industry experts to produce relevant content that meets the needs of both key stakeholders and our audience.
- Develop a reporting framework that provides insights into how we're driving business forward through content. Measure and report on the effectiveness of the content marketing efforts. Leverage findings to continually tune the editorial calendar and roadmap.
- Build and manage an editorial calendar to be shared with team stakeholders
- Influence B2C marketing program plans and tactics to enhance the reach and visibility of our promotions.
Qualifications & Skills:
- An understanding of SEO, inbound and content marketing strategies, content categorization, development, distribution and measurement.
- 4+ years content marketing/production experience
- Ability to tell stories in compelling, meaningful ways that generate interest
- Exceptional copywriting, copyediting, proofreading skills along with strong verbal communication, interpersonal and listening skills.
- Strong project management skills with the ability to manage multiple projects across edX businesses at once while meeting all deadlines
- Demonstrated self-starter who takes initiative
- Strong relationship building and collaboration skills
- You’re unafraid to experiment, test out fresh ideas, and navigate uncharted territory
- You work well in both structured and ambiguous environments
- CRM experience (HubSpot preferred) and Wordpress a plus
Applicants must be able to work out of our Cambridge, MA office. Sorry, Visa sponsorship is not available.