Digital Promo & Pricing Lead
Browse the Aisles-
The Digital Promo and Pricing Lead has top level responsibility for providing strategic guidance related to promotions and pricing and holds overall accountability for the success of these efforts. Develop strategy and oversee execution for the overall promotional planning program for brand merchandising teams to ensure alignment and effective advanced planning with eCommerce plans.
What’s our Dish - About Us
Announced in May 2018, Peapod Digital Labs is an Ahold Delhaize USA company that will serve as the engine that powers U.S. ecommerce and digital strategies. Peapod Digital Labs will accelerate growth in digital and personalization capabilities for the great local brands of Ahold Delhaize USA and will serve as the innovation lab for the U.S. portfolio of companies, driving digital and eCommerce innovation, technology and experience to meet the changing needs of customers of Ahold Delhaize USA’s local brands, regardless of when, where and how consumers choose to shop. Peapod continues to be a consumer-facing eCommerce brand, and is part of Peapod Digital Labs, focused on growing Peapod sales to consumers.
Recipe for Success - What's “in store” for the role
- Responsible for the development of the fact-set around customer needs in the area of price and promotions - utilizing different sources of information, helping form the conclusion and building the story.
- Responsible for the execution of the synchronization of the ADUSA and PDL everyday pricing strategy that leads to maximum customer value in the context of the e-commercial planning process.
- Works closely with counterparts in trade and planning lead, replenishment, e-marketing, local ADUSA merchants and e-shelf lead to build intentional commercial plans by week by ADUSA brand that deliver on the new PDL customer value proposition in areas related to everyday price and promotions.
- Responsible for the execution (and report-out) of the aligned upon weekly commercial plans and everyday pricing by ADUSA brand. This includes execution and identification/remediation of exceptions. This also includes oversight of the utilization of the tools used to deliver.
- Responsible for the execution/updating of a common set of measures that are put in place for each of the ADUSA local brands to find ways to continuously learn and improve - science, tools, choices and process.
The Essentials In Your Cart - The required ingredients
- 8-10 years of relevant experience, preferably in management consulting, ecommerce or retail environment
- Strong experience and understanding of consumer packaged goods, retail category management, as well as eCommerce best practices
- Master’s Degree strongly preferred, Bachelors Degree Required
Extra Spices - What you should bring to the table
- Collaborate and work cross functionally with various teams/leads within PDL and ADUSA / brand leadership in order to effectively drive and execute business initiatives
- Analytical, detail-oriented, extremely organized and methodical, capable of handling multiple projects at once, capable of dealing with ambiguity, relentless in seeking new opportunities, adept at influencing both internally and externally, and comfortable working with cross functional teams and management.
- Persuasive and articulate communication skills with excellent negotiations and relationship-building skills
- Innovative problem-solving skills – dissect and resolve root causes of problems and implement solutions
Join Us at Our Table - PDL Life
Peapod Digital Labs is forward thinking company with a strong heritage and recognizes who powers our progress – our people! We offer a great variety of benefits and perks to our employees that includes great choice of health care options, including PPO and HSA plans (with company contributions), dental, vision flexible spending accounts, a 401k with strong company match and immediate vesting, generous and flexible paid time off, and great employee discount on your groceries. Oh yeah, and snacks & drinks of course!
You must be authorized to work in the United States to be eligible for consideration for employment. Peapod is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.