Direct Mail Senior Associate
ezCater is the world’s largest online marketplace for catering – a $60+ billion market in the U.S. We make it superbly easy for businesspeople to find and order great food for meetings and events, and we help our catering partners grow their business. We’re backed by $320 million in venture funding and valued at over $1 billion. Our mission is to power the world’s catering, and we’ll make it happen – even more surely if you come help us.
We’re looking for a Direct Mail Senior Associate to help drive the strategy and execution of our direct mail channel, one of ezCater’s newest and fasted growing channels, and one that we’re looking to make significant push into over the next 6 months. As we take a direct response approach to this visual channel, we’re looking for someone who is both incredibly analytical but who can also drive the creative thinking and strategy.
This is a fantastic opportunity for either an experienced marketer (direct mail experience is welcome, but not required!) or someone coming from consulting or corporate strategy that is looking to go beyond analysis and advising and into implementation and program ownership.
What you’ll do:
- Lead the execution of direct mail pieces from end-to-end, managing cross-functional teams as necessary, including Creative, Ad Ops, Product, and our direct mail agency
- Design A/B tests to help optimize the responsiveness of mailers and own the creative and targeting testing roadmaps
- Lead analysis and reporting for the channel and make sure that direct mail learnings are memorialized and incorporated into future campaigns or re-tested
- Facilitate cross-channel coordination and make sure that we’re sharing and leveraging creative and targeting learnings across channels
- Explore and model out different types of print media, including blow-ins and wraps on trade publications and other media like this
- Support the budgeting process with forecasting and modeling
- Be constantly thinking about new ways to scale and optimize efficiency for the channel
- 4+ years of experience in marketing channel management or a related analytical field like consulting
- Expert-level Excel and modeling skills, and an understanding of basic statistics concepts
- The ability to execute at superstar level – you can drive the execution of multiple campaigns/project simultaneously that are at different stages of completion and require output from several cross-functional teams.
- A maniacal attention to detail and a commitment to the highest quality output
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Flexibility and adaptability and you enjoy working in a fast-paced environment
- A positive attitude and someone that doesn’t take themselves too seriously – we’re a collegial group and sit in an open office environment, and so we want to make sure that this person will get along well with the team!
What you’ll get from us:
Importantly, you’ll get a tremendous amount of authority and autonomy. You’ll own your outcomes and see measurable results for your efforts. With ezCater’s radical transparency and trust, you’ll have open access to the data that drives our decisions. You'll have a coaching environment to learn and develop, and ezUniversity sessions will provide plenty of opportunities to expand your mind.
At the same time, you’ll get sane working hours and a huge amount of flexibility around work/life balance. Have people in your life – of any age – who always, often, or sometimes need your help? We make room for that. Have a bad thing or a good thing happen to you? We make room for that, too.
Oh, and here’s what else you’ll get: Market salary, stock options you’ll help make worth a lot, the usual holidays, all-you-can-eat vacation, 401K, health/dental/FSA, long-term disability insurance, subsidized T-passes, a great office in the heart of Boston, a tremendous amount of responsibility and autonomy, wicked awesome co-workers, cupcakes (and many more goodies), and knowing that you helped get this rocket ship to the moon.
ezCater is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace humans of every background, appearance, race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, and disability status. At the same time, we do not employ jerks, even brilliant ones.