Director, B2B Marketing
Meet CarGurus—the #1 visited online car shopping website in the US. At CarGurus, we’re building the world’s most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace where it’s easy to find great deals from top-rated dealers.
Founded in 2006 by Langley Steinert (co-founder of TripAdvisor), CarGurus is a technology company with a passion for data and its power to simplify every aspect of the car shopping experience. Using proprietary technology, search algorithms and innovative data analytics, we provide unbiased validation on pricing, dealer reputation and vehicle history.
The B2B Marketing team is looking for a Director to lead the U.S. B2B Marketing team. The Director will lead a team focused on gaining, retaining and expanding business from our dealer customers. The Director will manage and continue to build a high performing B2B marketing team, while working cross-functionally to achieve company-wide strategic initiatives. This role is a great fit for a strategic, highly analytical, and entrepreneurial marketing leader.
What You'll Do:
- Set the vision and strategy to drive new business and retain/expand business with our current customers
- Build brand and product positioning, key attributes and differentiators for CarGurus dealer products in the US
- Lead direct reports in planning and execution of campaigns for acquisition, product marketing and customer marketing
- Build strong relationships with sales and product management leaders to ensure alignment on strategic objectives
- Analyze and optimize campaign performance to ensure high ROI plans
- Inspire team to think outside of the box and develop breakthrough marketing initiatives
- Ensure dealer insights are embedded in the organization and build out persona-based marketing plans
- Manage career development and continue to build out organization of high achieving marketers
- Partner with content, events and design to ensure successful campaign performance across segments
- Partner with international marketing to share best practices and maintain consistency across markets
- Advocate for marketing to ensure technical needs are met and objectives are achieved
Who You Are:
- 10+ years of professional experience in high-profile consumer/B2B tech company in marketing, brand management, or related roles
- 5+ years of hands-on planning and execution of B2B marketing campaigns\
- Experience attracting, developing and leading a high performing B2B marketing team
- Experience scaling teams in a fast-paced tech company
- Strong analytical experience, and continued comfort with digging deep in Excel
- A proven ability to work effectively in a dynamic, team-based environment
- Strong organization and project management skills with ability to multi-task
- Exceptional communications skills and executive presence
- Bachelor’s Degree required; MBA or equivalent Master’s degree preferred
At the core of our company culture is a spirit of innovation, curiosity and collaboration. True to our start-up roots, we’re nimble, flexible and hardworking. We have a great respect for testing and learning and a healthy aversion to scheduling meetings to discuss meetings. Lunch is catered daily. Gym membership is free. Foosball and ping pong are played often. Now a publicly-traded company, we’re as committed as ever to cultivating the culture that got us here.
In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada, the UK and Germany with other markets on the horizon. Our offices are located in Cambridge, MA, Detroit, MI and Dublin, Ireland. If you’d like to learn more, please visit our careers page.