PR Manager - East Coast
Hopper is the smart way to book travel on your phone. Combining massive amounts of data and advanced machine learning algorithms, Hopper predicts and analyzes airfare and accommodation to save users money and enable them to travel more often.
Since its launch in 2015, Hopper has become one of the fastest growing travel apps ever with over 30 million installs to date. It is now the most downloaded flights booking app in North America and travelers have booked hundreds of millions of dollars in flights and hotels around the world using Hopper.
The app has received accolades such as Fast Company’s Most Innovative Company in Travel 2018, the Google Play Award for Standout Startup of 2016, and Apple’s App Store Best of 2015.
Our communications team is responsible for sharing Hopper’s story with the media in an effort to grow our user base. In addition to highlighting the benefits of the app, we craft timely pitches based upon trends and breaking news to establish Hopper and its spokespeople as thought leaders in the industry.
As a data-driven company, our communications team works closely with our data scientists to leverage Hopper’s historical archive of over a trillion flight prices to identify compelling stats and story angles.
This position can be based in either our Cambridge, New York, or San Francisco office. As the PR Manager, you’ll be an integral part of our communications team as you’ll work to develop our overall strategy and manage communications with key news outlets and journalists. All our PR efforts are managed entirely in-house, so you must have a passion for media relations. You’ll be one of the first to join our growing global communications team.
In This Role You Will:
- Develop communications strategy to drive media coverage in consumer, business, and tech outlets
- Work with our data science team to leverage internal data to produce data-driven content, including pitches, research reports, and bylines
- Craft targeted pitches to secure top-tier coverage
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with top consumer, trade, and business press
- Develop localized content to pitch to key local markets
- Manage and prioritize press inquiries and interview requests
- Create media materials such as press releases, talking points, messaging documents, etc.
- Secure, track, and measure your results
The ideal candidate will have:
- 3-5 years of experience in communications/public relations working with consumer tech, e-commerce, mobile or other high-growth stage consumer-facing companies
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Strong consumer, tech, and business media contacts
- Proven success executing national and local communications programs
- The ability to flourish with minimal guidance, be proactive and to handle uncertainty, ambiguity and the challenge of quickly evolving goals
- Interest in the travel industry and startups is a plus; you should be comfortable working in a small team and a fast-paced environment
- Well-funded and proven startup with larger ambitions, competitive salary and stock options
- Dynamic and entrepreneurial team where pushing limits is everyday business
- Access to comprehensive medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance, all on us
- In Cambridge, work in a historic factory building near Kendall Square; in Montreal, work in an artist's loft in the Mile End
- Easy commute with a paid-for public transportation or paid parking
- IATA Travel Agent Card for discounts in the travel industry
- Fully stocked kitchen with: coffee/tea, beer, bagels and healthy snacks
- Team lunches, off-site activities and much more