Product Marketing Manager
At Markforged we are on a mission to empower engineers to unlock the next 10x of innovation in design and manufacturing. We build an Industrial 3D printing platform to liberate designers and engineers from decades-old, slow processes.
Product Marketing at Markforged is a newly formed team that brings together customer, market, and competitive intelligence to connect customer needs to Markforged solutions in a way that resonates with our customers and differentiates us in the market to drive growth. The team draws on its market and customer expertise to provide go-to-market leadership, personas, messaging, positioning, and sales tools.
This is an exciting opportunity to join our product marketing team as one of the key storytellers.
Markforged is growing rapidly and if you like engineering - this could be the place for you. We live at the intersection of electrical, material, mechanical and computer engineering. Our challenge is to explain to the market fairly new and complex technology in distilled way that our customers - mechanical, design, and manufacturing engineers get. You don't have to be an engineer to work here, just someone who is inherently curious about the nature of the additive manufacturing revolution and wants to tell the story.
This position is a full-time, regular employee role out of our Watertown, MA office.
In this role, you will:
- Talk with our product, sales, application engineering and advanced engineering teams to understand product features and benefits, then translate these to market consumable concepts
- Speak on behalf of the company at trade shows and events
- Pay attention to competitors and provide analysis on what this means to our product direction and market posture
- Build content and tools for the sales team.
- Help run our customer and partner conferences delivering value added knowledge about additive manufacturing
- Become a go to industry persona (if you do the job right) on all things additive
- Be a goto internal sales resource, called in to help with deals
What we look for:
- 0 - 3 years product marketing experience demonstrated by either being a current product marketer or roles that would align well with product marketing
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. You have to hold the attention of sales people during training and customers during webinars
- Intellectually curious - if additive manufacturing and 3D printing doesn't get you excited about how cool and interesting it is, this probably isn't the right place for you. We love this stuff. Not all of us came from this domain, but we came here since we think it is the future.
- Story telling - Ability to dig in and translate technical content into compelling messaging
- Equally comfortable and experienced as both a data driven and a creative problem solver
- Desire to win - we are 200+ people with a desire to win in a fiercely competitive space.
- MBA is a plus, but not required. Engineering degree is a plus, but not required.
- At Markforged, we have a culture that values learning, data-driven decision making, and prioritization
- We learn from failure and are not afraid to keep trying after others have given up
- We are a team of talented individuals and are looking to grow with enthusiastic individuals who share our vision of improving how the world innovates
- We offer a competitive compensation package and a full suite of benefits, including medical insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, 401(k), parental leave, commuter benefits, open PTO policy, and more
- Our work environment includes casual dress, a fully stocked kitchen, bike storage, free parking, weekly catered lunches, and fitness perks
Markforged values the differences among our employees and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment. These differences include but are not limited to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, results of genetic testing, or service in the military. This goal emphasizes the development of inclusive work environments that capitalize on each employee’s skills, experience, and unique perspectives as we strive to achieve an unparalleled standard of excellence.
To all recruitment agencies: Markforged does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or Markforged employees. Markforged is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Read Full Job Description