Senior Technical Writer
Senior Technical Writer
EdX is looking for a Senior Technical Writer to create documentation for our MOOC platform. Documentation includes conceptual and task-based content for course staff, education researchers, learners, and the edX open source development community.
You are an experienced professional who is passionate about delivering the highest quality knowledge to users. You work closely with Engineering, Product, UX, and Training teams understand software development practices and are known for your strong teamwork and collaboration skills. Your work samples (share a link with your resume) show strong organization and clarity, as well as a deep understanding of your audience.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Create clear, precise, and well-organized technical content for multiple parts of the edX platform. Content may include traditional documentation, best practices, video instruction, knowledge base articles, blog posts, and forum responses.
- Become an expert in multiple edX products.
- Serve as the Documentation liaison on one or more Scrum teams.
- Perform task analysis to better understand the needs of target audiences.
- Collaborate with subject matter experts, technical staff, and project teams to identify priorities.
- Contribute to establishing Documentation processes and standards.
- Define and manage your project delivery schedule.
- Work both independently and in a team environment while meeting all project deadlines.
- At least 5 years of professional experience as a technical writer, documentation specialist or equivalent.
- Demonstrated success in creating approachable, succinct, and usable documentation for software products.
- Ability to write highly technical documentation, including developer documentation, starting from scratch.
- Ability to write accessible and supportive user assistance content.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, contributing at many levels.
- Experience working in an Agile development environment.
- Bachelor of Arts degree or professional equivalent
- Experience writing Python documentation using RST and Read the Docs.
- Multimedia content development.
- Understanding of programming languages and relational databases.
- Experience working with an open source community.
- Experience with Git.
Sorry, visa sponsorship is not available. Applicants must be able to work out of our Cambridge, MA office.