Threat Stack enables DevOps and SecOps teams to innovate and scale security by providing full-stack security observability from the control plane up to the application layer. Purpose-built for today’s infrastructure, the Threat Stack Cloud Security Platform® and Cloud SecOps Program℠ combine cloud-optimized intrusion defense, continuous security monitoring, and proactive risk assessment to help security and operations teams detect security incidents, achieve compliance, and secure infrastructure in transition.
We are defining the way Cloud Security is done. We are the only cloud-native continuous monitoring solution that gives users instant visibility into their environment, protecting them in real time from insider threats, external attacks, and data loss. Optimized for cloud deployment, our solution allows growth-driven companies to scale confidently without sacrificing speed or efficiency.
You understand how an interface, embedded assistance, and external documentation work together to form a great user experience. You have the expertise to work across teams to bring your vision of user assistance to life. You have experience in generating diverse content and have a portfolio that demonstrates your excellent writing skills and versatility.
Your primary responsibilities at Threat Stack will center around our user documentation support site. Additionally, you will help maintain the recently released API v2 and the external documentation.
What You'll Do
- Write and edit text, embedded content, and external documentation.
- Review and edit content generated by team members to ensure clarity and consistency across components.
- Collaborate with UX designers, engineers, and product managers to provide a great overall user experience.
- Our user-facing content is hosted in ZenDesk (design and styling is in HTML, CSS, and JS). Content authoring is in a text editor in HTML. We love seeing candidates with experience using HTML and CSS who have an understanding of other online presentation techniques.
- Our API documentation is hosted in StopLight, content authoring is done in the platform in markdown. Additional customer facing developer documentation exists in GitHub and may require editing for tone and style.
What We're Looking For
- Experience writing API documentation.
- Strong desire and motivation to learn about the field of security.
- Able to learn new technical concepts quickly.
- A clear, concise writing style and the ability to tailor content to specific audiences.
- Excellent editing and proofreading skills.
- Superb planning, organization, and communication skills.
- Comfortable shifting between projects and wearing a variety of hats.
- A track record of successfully working with multi-functional teams to deliver quality content.
- HTML and markdown (or experience in similar languages with a desire to learn).
What Gives You a Step Up
- Familiarity with the security industry.
- Basic Linux or Unix command-line skills.
- Working knowledge of Git and Github.