SmartBear is searching for a dynamic, high energy and results driven Vice President of Demand Generation to join our rapidly growing team. Reporting to the Chief Marketing Officer and leading the Demand Generation team, this individual will collaborate with senior leadership and utilize a measured outcome-based marketing approach to drive growth. This is a great opportunity for someone who is a motivated hands-on demand marketing leader.
The person in this highly visible role will take SmartBear demand generation to the next level. They will work with the Marketing and Sales teams to build and manage campaigns that accelerate growth. They will work closely with product marketing, corporate marketing, sales, product management, executives, and others. The ideal candidate will have experience marketing to people involved in development including developers, testers, and operations.
It’s an exciting time to be a SmartBear. We are the market leader in technology for Software Test Automation and have fast growing products across the DevOps lifecycle. Our success depends on bright, energetic, talented people who share a passion for excellence in building tools for teams to plan, build, test and monitor software—and having fun along the way. SmartBear offers a fast-paced, action-oriented environment. We promote a culture that embraces innovation, change, teamwork, and strong partnerships. Join the winning SmartBear team—our future looks bright, and so will yours.
- Manage the demand generation team and define the overall strategy
- Develop multi-product, global demand generation plan, aligned with SmartBear’s objectives
- Prioritize the top campaigns to drive lead flow requirements, design, execute and measure demand generation programs including website, content marketing, online marketing, nurture, social media, blogs, syndication, and events
- Define audience targets and build and maintain the right contact database
- Optimize lead creation, qualification, and opportunity conversion and ensure successful follow through of qualified opportunities
- Ensure marketing programs are planned, coordinated, and executed across the sales and
- marketing organizations
- Establish and track measurable response rates, conversion rates, pipeline, and ROI for all
- Provide clear and regular communication of demand generation activities throughout the
- Leave no lead behind!
- Work within Marketo and Salesforce.com to manage and report on program success and
- propose demand generation investment areas
- Oversee demand generation budget and provide recommendations to take advantage of
- opportunities as they arise with partners and direct marketing programs
- Report marketing metrics to key executives on a regular basis
- 10-15 years of experience in business-to-business marketing in an enterprise software
- Experience working with a high-velocity sales model
- Experience driving ecommerce results
- Previously managed a high performing team of marketing professionals
- Excellent project and program management skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency utilizing marketing automation, Salesforce.com, chat bots, and other marketech (you name it we have it)
- Knowledge and experience in successfully driving inbound marketing
- The ability to work as a player/coach and build a team as business requires
- Professional, team player with strong leadership, communication and interpersonal skills
- BS/BA degree
- Understanding of the SDLC and DevOps
- Excellent management skills with the ability to extract high performance from a talented team
- Relationship builder; dynamic, proactive, respected; good listener; values input and stimulates candid dialogue; positive attitude and a sense of humor; personally successful
- Data and quality obsessed but in a good way
- Committed to integrity
- Action-oriented, positive self-starter who builds a highly motivational environment around themselves
SmartBear Is A Destination Employer
- Voted by Glassdoor as one of the "Best Places to Work", Named to Boston Globe’s “Top Places To Work”, and VentureFizz calls us one of “One of The Hottest Companies in Boston”.
· Invest In Our Employees – We care about the success of our employees and provide guidance and tools to help them grow their careers and succeed. We seek to continuously learn and evolve and strive to be the company of choice.
· Open and Collaborative Environment – We have an inclusive, creative, passionate, fun and successful environment.
· Award Winning Technology – SmartBear is a market leader and has won numerous, prestigious industry awards for its software solutions, including “Top Innovator and Leader In Software Development”.
· Invested Leadership Team - Our leadership team has a proven record of success, is passionate about the success of the employees and company and focused on supporting the sales organization.
· Unbelievable Offices – We are in a new, state-of-the-art building, on the waterfront, with an modern layout and a giant kitchen and eating area. We have an open floor plan and an abundance of conference rooms. The office is centered on the “Bear Cave”, for impromptu collaboration, company gatherings, monthly drinks, wine tastings and industry Meetups and events. We’ve also left space for fun with a ping-pong table, putting green, bean bag toss and other ways to have a quick break during the day.
· Ideal Location - We are located at Assembly Row, which is the new, hot, technology company destination, with great water views, restaurants, cafes, bars, shopping, movie complex, bike and running paths and is easily accessible by mass transportation.
· Great Perks – We offer competitive salaries, top of the line benefits, ample vacation, 401(k) match, great eats – breakfast, lunches, coffee (regular, gourmet, espresso, lattes), drinks, healthy and sweet snacks and a constant flow of popcorn from a retro movie theater machine.
· Community Service and Philanthropy - SmartBear is committed to giving back to the community. We offer employees a day off to serve the cause of their choice or work in teams to support an organization. SmartBear also contributes time and donates to meaningful organizations, such as aiding at-risk children and combating homelessness.
· Thought Leader and Innovator – SmartBear strives to be a thought leader and innovator in the technology industry. We frequently support Meetups, are a member of Women In Technology, MassTLC and other premier organizations.