SmartBear is searching for a dynamic, high energy and results driven VP of Product Marketing to join our rapidly growing team. Reporting to the Chief Marketing Officer and leading the Product Marketing team, this individual will collaborate with senior leadership to develop an innovative product marketing practice.
This highly visible role will promote the SmartBear story to external audiences and our go-to-market teams. They will work with the Product Marketing team to develop compelling product positioning and messaging programs, go to market strategy and execution, sales enablement, and thought leadership. They will work closely with demand generation, corporate marketing, sales, product management, executives, and others in the company on solution messaging, product strategy & positioning. The ideal candidate will have experience in the DevOps space and be a proven successful leader in Product Marketing.
It’s an exciting time to be a SmartBear. We are the market leader in technology for Software Test Automation and have fast growing products across the DevOps lifecycle. Our success depends on bright, energetic, talented people who share a passion for excellence in building tools for teams to plan, build, test and monitor software—and having fun along the way. SmartBear offers a fast-paced, action-oriented environment. We promote a culture that embraces innovation, change, teamwork, and strong partnerships. Join the winning SmartBear team—our future looks bright, and so will yours.
- Create inspired multi-level/multi-product messaging across the product portfolio
- Develop portfolio messaging to aid in solution / multi-product positioning and selling
- Communicate the value proposition of the products with the go-to-market teams and develop tools that support the selling process of the company’s products
- Develop product positioning and messaging that elevates the company’s products in the market
- Identify key market trends
- Focus on competition and how to effectively position against them
- Act as a spokesperson for product-related communications
- Work across the range of marketing assets and mediums
- Plan the launches of new products and releases and manage the cross-functional implementation
- Lead the product marketing team to deliver a range of marketing assets including: Whitepapers, Product Collateral, Web copy, Sales tools, Product rollout plans and launch plans, Event materials, Promotional materials for demand-gen, Evangelism at industry trade events and seminars
- Develop and grow the best in class Product Marketing team
- Creative, out of the box thinker and credible storyteller
- 15+ years of product marketing and marketing experience, a BS/BA or other advanced degrees. MBA highly desirable
- Deep knowledge and experience in developing marketing content
- Proven history of having delivered materials, messaging and content for sales enablement
- Successful expert who has created and executed product marketing strategies managed budgets and led the hands-on execution
- Strong, persuasive speaking skills with the ability to influence at all levels
- Clear, strong precise writing skills along with an ability to synthesize complex market and technology messages into insightful sales value drivers
- Understanding of the SDLC and DevOps
- Excellent management skills with the ability to extract high performance from a talented team
- Relationship builder; dynamic, proactive, respected; good listener; values input and stimulates candid dialogue; positive attitude and a sense of humor; personally successful
- Data and quality obsessed but in a good way
- Committed to integrity
- Action-oriented, positive self-starter who builds a highly motivational environment around themselves
SmartBear is behind the software that empowers developers, testers, and operations engineers at over 20,000 of the world’s most innovative organizations including Adobe, JetBlue, MasterCard, and Microsoft. More than 6 million people use our tools to build, test, and monitor great software, faster. Our high-impact tools are easy to try, easy to buy, and easy to use. These tools are backed by a team of people passionate about helping you create software that transforms our world. Those tools are SmartBear tools. That team is SmartBear. For more information, visit: http://smartbear.com, or follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter, or Facebook.
SmartBear is an equal employment opportunity employer and encourages success based on our individual merits and abilities without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, mental or physical disability, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, medical condition, sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), or any other legally protected status.