Vice President (VP) of Marketing
Bevi is a Series C startup that has raised over $60 million to bring customizable, healthy hydration to commercial spaces across the US and Canada. Founded in 2013, our co-founders set out to out-design bottled water. Within five years time, Bevi has saved the waste generated by over 50 million plastic bottles and continues to grow at a rapid pace. With offices in Boston, New York, and San Francisco, we are expanding our beverage offerings and constantly strive to bring the next level of customization to the Bevi hydration experience.
Bevi is rapidly growing and well capitalized, has a 97% customer retention rate, an extremely high rate of up-selling to clients, and world-class net promoter scores. We’re a mission-driven company designing a more environmental, more personalized experience in the massive beverage industry. We have the right ingredients to build a meaningful, long-lasting brand, and we need the right VP to make that happen. The Vice President of Marketing will lead brand development, lead generation, and customer experience. This role will report to the CEO, and will collaborate closely with VPs of Sales, Product, and Service Operations.
Specific responsibilities are as follows:
- Define and refine Bevi’s brand based on an understanding of our customers, current and future products, and the competitive landscape.
- Communicate the brand clearly and consistently across all media, overseeing the development and launch of all creative content.
- Craft positioning and messaging for new products, and contribute to strategic decisions on product pricing.
- Manage PR and communications.
- Partner with the product and service teams to implement an excellent, consistent customer experience across all touchpoints – from digital ads, to email campaigns, to the website, to our customer service phone line.
- Hit monthly targets for lead generation by managing our digital marketing and tradeshow & events teams.
- Collaborate with the sales team to continuously improve the quality of leads, and contribute to the sales process by developing the right collateral and implementing the right marketing tactics for both our direct sales team and our distributors.
- Work with the People Operations team on Bevi’s employer branding.
- Actively participate in leadership team meetings and contribute to cross-functional strategy.
- 10+ years of experience in marketing or brand management.
- An obsession with deeply understanding customers’ actions and feelings. The ability to find insights that others miss into what specific factors drive customer and user behavior.
- Prior success managing multi-channel marketing campaigns for consumer products.
- A strong understanding of the creative process, with the judgment to balance the creativity of a design-driven company with the need to achieve quantitative results.
- A track record of collaborating with other departments to improve the customer experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills – in particular storytelling skills.
- Strong qualitative and quantitative research skills.
- Some background in acquisition marketing, ideally in a B2B setting.
The following are pluses, but not requirements:
- Experience with food & beverage products and/or IoT products.
- Experience marketing/selling through distributors.
- Experience in high-growth start-ups.
- Boston, or New York with frequent travel to Boston
Apply to learn more about what makes Bevi a great place to work and grow!