Client Development Manager
Smartsheet is seeking an experienced sales professional to join our team as a Client Development Manager. The ideal candidate will have a history of over performance in quota attainment and developing customer accounts. This important role is part of the Sales team and is based at Smartsheet in Boston, MA and reports to the Commercial Sales Manager.
- Act as the subject matter expert in the features, benefits and application of Smartsheet’s products
- Develop in-depth knowledge of Smartsheet’s products and services, their functionality and applications in customer learning and development initiatives
- Provide proactive support to customers and prospects
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date records
- Achieve by meeting or exceeding sales support quotas by qualifying prospects
- Conduct needs assessment calls with specific prospects
- Schedule online product demonstrations
- Ensure Smartsheet’s success in the retention and growth of account revenue
- Responsible for customer success in maximizing the value of Smartsheet solutions
- Consult with clients in defining collaboration goals, success criteria and program strategy, in order to ensure the customer perception of value that leads to sales renewal and expansion
- Meet and exceed quotas utilizing a formal understanding of Solution/Consultative Selling
- Partner and grow client relationships
- Collaborate, develop and strategize account plans with members of other Smartsheet teams
- 3-5 years of proven sales track record
- Experience in managing customer relationships and maintaining relationships in a B2B environment
- Sales experience in a technology oriented field
- Must understand and know how to leverage each stage in the sales cycle to advance the sale
- Ability to work with multiple functional departments and roles to manage customer life cycle from implementation to renewal
- Excellent ability in analyzing the opportunity for cross-sell and up-sell potential within existing books of business
- Proven ability to prospect and manage a designated territory to maximize revenue growth
- Effectively develops networks and builds alliances with key individuals or groups. Manages competition between individuals or groups to eliminate barriers to building partnerships.
- Deals effectively with pressure; remains optimistic and persistent, even under adversity. Recovers quickly from setbacks. Stays with a problem/line of thinking until a solution is reached or no longer reasonably attainable.
- Excellent written / verbal communication skills to interact internally and externally with senior level corporate management
- Knowledge of CRM software packages and proficiency in Microsoft Office products
- Passion for working with emerging technologies and an ability to understand new technical concepts
- Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent combination of other post-secondary education
- German or French proficiency a plus
Smartsheet is designed to unleash the benefits of greater work agility and collaboration by providing a powerful platform for organizations to plan, capture, manage, automate, and report on work at scale. Smartsheet empowers teams to execute with speed and accountability — and make better decisions, faster.
Over 75,000 brands, and millions of information workers, trust Smartsheet to help them accelerate business execution and address the volume and velocity of today’s collaborative work. Smartsheet is used by over 50% of the Fortune 500 and maintains rich data integrations with mission-critical applications from Microsoft, Google, Salesforce, Atlassian, and many others.
Smartsheet is a place where people love what they do and are empowered to do their best work everyday. We support one another and achieve our goals as a team, not as individuals. Each person, at every level, gets to have an impact.