Customer Education Manager
We are a rapidly growing company that’s revolutionizing the way the restaurant industry does business by pairing technology with an unrivaled commitment to customer success. We help restaurants streamline operations, increase revenue, and deliver amazing guest experiences through our platform that combines restaurant point of sale, guest-facing technology, and award-winning customer support. As a Toaster, you will be challenged to take on meaningful projects that will help shape the future of the company. Join us as we empower the restaurant community to delight guests, do what they love, and thrive.
The Customer Education Manager role is responsible for delivery of customer training on Toast product and various Toast modules. This includes managing multiple simultaneous projects, coordination of setting up virtual events and training the customer(s) on Toast. The ideal candidate for this position is customer focused, tech-savvy and design-minded. They have a deep passion for customer education and an understanding of adult learning principles and theories. With that being said, they are also not afraid to think outside the box and disrupt the learning landscape.
What you will do:
- Drive customer education experience through the development of innovative training
- Collaborate internally to ensure consistency of content across teams
- Partner with team members to create effective content using instructional design, adult learning methodologies and technology to enhance learning
- Build and drive adoption of Live and Virtual customer training events
- Deliver engaging, high-impact Toast product training content and programs that drive product adoption
- Travel to offsite locations to deliver training programs (approximately 50%)
- Create, manage and drive project timelines; ensure deliverables and milestones are met
- Actively participate in strategy discussions; ensuring we meet customer education adoption metrics and program goals
- Prototype and experiment with different delivery methods and content types and refine content and approach based on customer feedback and performance metrics
- Manage virtual platform to set up webcast and virtual event elements such as registration pages, emails, content, locations, surveys etc.
Do you have the right ingredients?
- 3-5+ years of online education development experience; strong preference for customer facing experience
- BA/S or equivalent in related field - English, Communications, ID, etc.
- Proven success working within collaborative, cross-functional environments to determine appropriate curricula that achieves learning objectives
- Excellent written and verbal communications
- Ability to convert different types of content into organized and consistently designed training deliverables
- Experience with LMS and other learning systems and technologies
- Stays abreast of current customer-facing learning trends, tools, and technology
- Enthusiastic about technology with demonstrated technical aptitude; experience at a technology company or relevant consultancy is ideal
- Strong project management skills and an ability to multitask without getting frazzled
- Love for teamwork and commitment to building a world-class, enterprise-class global customer education experience