Customer Success Manager (Siftrock)
Drift is the new way businesses buy from businesses. With its quickly evolving set of tools and playbooks, Drift is the world’s leading conversational marketing platform, trusted by top enterprise businesses like Marketo, Okta, Outreach, Ellie Mae, and over 150,000 other businesses. Sales and marketing teams rely on Drift to connect now with the customers who are ready to buy now. Based in Boston, Drift was founded by serial marketing technology entrepreneurs David Cancel and Elias Torres and is backed by leading venture capitalists including CRV, General Catalyst, and Sequoia.
About the role
We are looking for an entrepreneurial minded CSM to service our customers of Siftrock, a Drift product providing email reply management for marketing automation. We’re looking for someone who will not only service and develop the onboarding strategy for these customers, but who can help us in growing the overall SIftrock go-to-marketing strategy and shaping the long term success plan for our customers.
What you’ll be doing on the team
In one month you’ll…
- Attend comprehensive organization training and learn the Drift story, how we work and our goals for the future
- Experience an in-depth product training, including learning how to use the product for your own business
- Have 1:1 meetings with your direct manager and meet with other key players
- Shadow colleagues, learn best practices for what make Drift Customers successful
- Have engaged with a portfolio of existing customers and built relationships with decision makers and power users
- Have established a point of view and strategy in partnership with your Director on the onboarding and ongoing success strategy for customers
- Partner with the Siftrock Sales and Marketing teams on go-to-market strategy and the plan to grow the business and drive outstanding customer experience
- Establish a renewal cadence with your customers
- Be fully responsible for your very own portfolio of customers and running calls independently!
By month 3 you’ll…
- Continue to master your knowledge of Drift and Sfitrock products and have a deep understanding of the industry
- Fully understand our internal ecosystem and be able to collaborate cross-functionally to provide the best in class sales process
- Work with your customers daily, delivering value and helping them achieve their goals
- Partner with Siftrock Sales to identify growth opportunities for customers
- Continue learning about the ever-changing industry
- Should be achieving your Net Retention and Customer Onboarding targets
- Deliver detail oriented Monthly Business Reviews with your manager on the performance of your customers
By month 6 you’ll…
- Have a proactive, independently managed routine established for working with your customers
- Drive customers successfully through onboarding within a fast paced environment, and have helped us innovate the onboarding strategy for Siftrock customers
- Master conversational sales and marketing practices and email practices
- Be consistently hitting and exceeding your retention
- Work with your manager to identify a plan of continued growth
- Bring your thinking, strategy and ideas to the team to advance our creative culture and vision for the future.
About you and what types of skills you’ll need:
If what you just read excites and describes you, we’d love to talk to you. We are looking for people who can challenge, inspire and motivate us to make amazing things happen for our customers. We have a strong preference for:
- Someone who is a natural leader and looking for a role where they can “build”. This is one of the very first roles at Drift supporting and servicing Siftrock customers. We are looking for someone who is excited about the prospect of “building from scratch”
- 2-3 years of customer facing experience in an implementation or customer success role, preferably in a software or Sales/Marketing environment.
- Strong preference for candidates with email tool experience
- Experience in fast paced and high growth companies
- Deep understanding of the needs of growing businesses and a strong business acumen.
- Familiarity partnering with Marketing and Sales Leaders to drive adoption
- Familiarity with managing high volumes of customers
- Strong sales fundamentals, business & sales acumen
- Ability to work individually and collaboratively within a team environment
- Tech savvy and eagerness to learn new technology and practices
Drift is committed to being an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Drift is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at [email protected]