Customer Success Manager
Greater Boston Area
We’re building a team of driven, focused, smart people who want to make a meaningful impact on the success of our customers. To us, customer success doesn’t mean support or account management; it means helping customers reach their desired outcomes and building an amazing experience in the process.
In this role you'll be an extension of a customer’s team, ensuring their success through effectively using Appcues to reach their goals. You will become an essential voice for our mission and drive happiness for customers and our audience at large. By sharing knowledge across accounts, you'll help customer discover new use cases, in addition to collaborate with the product team to turn feedback into features, and work with the marketing team to showcase how customers use the product.
We'd love to speak with you if you’re passionate about helping customers succeed, eager to solve hard problems, and want to help build a world-class product.
Your day might include:
- Analysis: You’ll start your day by opening up your CSM portal to do a daily customer health review for the +$1M in annual recurring revenue under your management.
- Prioritization: From there, you’ll prioritize activities accordingly, based on customer size, need, and triggered alerts and tasks, centered around health and activity.
- Execution: You can expect ~70-80% of your time will be dedicated to customer facing activity, including conducting on boarding kick-off calls, training and feedback, renewal conversations, or quarterly business reviews.
- Collaboration: The rest of your day might be spent conversing and collaborating with customer experience and product team members to ensure we’re always thinking about customer needs.
- Delight: You’ll be empowered to put customers first. This includes doing spontaneously things like sending care packages, making the occasional in-person visit with donuts in hand, or even sending an edible arrangement to a team.
You might be a good fit if:
- You have 2+ years of experience, managing a high volume of customer accounts and you're comfortable managing individual accounts at high volume (70-80 accounts) primarily in the SMB and Mid-Market spaces.
- You’re an A+ listener and communicator. You can synthesize feedback and be the voice of the customer to help teammates become better marketers, designers, builders and more. You’ll also be eager to spend your days speaking with customers over the phone.
- You're comfortable being uncomfortable and you relish figuring things out and solving problems. You love having the autonomy to build processes and playbooks from scratch.
- You’re technically astute and you're excited to gain a deeper understanding of how software works. Our customers use different web technologies and you want to understand the basics of how they work.
- You’re driven. We believe in being proactive, which includes constant touch points with your customers. You're unafraid to pick up the phone, speak to your customers, and hit your retention goals, but ultimately, you maintain and restore the health of accounts with patience and product expertise.
- More than anything else, you are empathetic and have a genuine desire to help people.
At Appcues, our mission is to help teams build products their users love. With Appcues, you can create in-product experiences (user onboarding, feature announcements, etc.) without writing any code. We believe it's the non-technical people who oftentimes have the best information about a user's needs and desires. And we give them the tools to act
We’re a dynamic group of talented teammates who challenge, trust, and care about each other, the work we do, and the success story we’re all helping to write. We live by our values, our benefits are real, and sometimes we have donuts!
Appcues is an equal opportunity employer. We believe a diverse team is a stronger team.
Read Full Job Description