Delegated Operations Manager
A bit about us:
We’re on a mission to change healthcare — how it’s paid for, delivered, experienced. We want to put people center stage, not process or profit. We are guided by a deep belief that every person on Medicare should be treated like we would treat a member of our own family: with loving care and a profound commitment to their health and well-being.
That’s why we’re gathering a whole bunch of smart, big-hearted people to create a new kind of healthcare company — one that combines compassion, health insurance, clinical care, and technology seamlessly.
We want to throw the long ball with people we love for a cause we believe in. Life is short. Join us.
Make a difference... a big difference. You will have the opportunity, in a unique and dynamic culture, to be a part of something incredibly meaningful. We’re a disruptive startup with an inspiring mission. Learn and grow alongside our world-class team of healthcare, technology, and data leaders, dedicated to building a health plan and clinical services that care for everyone like they were our own mothers or fathers. Our team and board members have decades of experience in health care entrepreneurship, data, technology, services, and policy. With their support, we look forward to building a health plan and clinical services that will give seniors easy access to the high-quality care they deserve.
A bit about this role:
The Delegated Operations Manager within the Operations Performance Improvement group assures operational excellence is delivered to Devoted members across services provided by one or more external partners. This individual liaises with entities to whom Devoted has delegated one or more operational functions to drive consistency in service and high quality across membership. This individual supports the vendor selection and contracting process, facilitates operational implementation of new entities, and leads day-to-day troubleshooting and performance management.
The ideal candidate is a proven team player, leader, and individual contributor who is able to engage relevant parties cross-functionally, drive decision making, and as applicable, facilitate operational change. He/she has a proven track record of success implementing corporate programs and/or projects and must be able to think critically to analyze performance and identify opportunities for improvement.
What you'll do:
- Manage day-to-day operations of delegated operational functions
- Track and monitor performance against agreed upon performance targets
- Facilitate improvement efforts, as needed
- Provide input, solutions, and recommendations regarding vendor use
- Support vetting and selection of new vendors, inclusive of business case development
- Assure performance expectations are clearly established during contracting process
- Ensure organizational clarity on the role of delegation/vendors
- Continuously promote data-driven decision-making and actively contribute to organizational development and ongoing optimization
Who you are:
- You have a strong understanding of Devoted’s business needs and service model
- You have the ability to cultivate and maintain positive working relationships with leadership across the organizations and external partners
- You possess strong written and oral communication skills
- You have an analytic mindset, and are comfortable autonomously executing qualitative and quantitative analyses
- You're knowledgeable about vendor capabilities, systems and related processes
- You can deal effectively with ambiguous situations
- You're results-oriented, and you have a willingness to take initiative and get the job done
What we're looking for:
- 5-7 years of relevant business experience, including 2 or more years of demonstrated experience in vendor management role
- Demonstrated progression of leadership, responsibility, knowledge, and experience
- Health plan experience strongly preferred
If you love running towards complex challenges and transforming them into solutions, if you want to make a potentially huge impact on many lives, and if you are looking for a disruptive startup with an inspiring and talented team, Devoted Health may be the place for you!
Devoted is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a safe and supportive work environment in which all employees have the opportunity to participate and contribute to the success of the business. We value diversity and collaboration. Individuals are respected for their skills, experience, and unique perspectives. This commitment is embodied in Devoted’s Code of Conduct, our company values and the way we do business.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, the Company does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy status, marital status, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, or any other factor prohibited by law. Our management team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities and general treatment during employment.
Read Full Job Description