Desktop Support Specialist
Have you imagined working in an environment driven by a passion and desire to not only outperform, but also outbehave the market? Since 2009, Flywire has been that company, creating solutions that break barriers, and teams that always look at the next disruptive way to move Flywire and its customers into the next phase of global payment solutions.
We, at Flywire, our looking for a self-motivated IT professional to provide IT support at our Boston headquarters. You, along with other members of the Boston and Valencia, Spain based team, will be responsible for providing and maintaining reliable employee connectivity of office IT systems and desktop solutions across our global workforce. This individual must be comfortable working independently and be willing to proactively take on a range of responsibilities from assisting with strategy to handling individual requests.
With over 30 nationalities across 9 different offices, and diversity and inclusion at the core of our people agenda, we believe our FlyMates are our greatest asset, and as a member of the Engineering team, you will help accelerate Flywire across the globe!
- Proactively take ownership of open IT issues in the Boston office and partner with management on improving systems and services as we scale
- Manage local IT vendor relationships
- Respond to helpdesk requests and work to improve the support process
- Assist with support tasks related to operating systems, software applications, wireless networks, networking, VoIP issues, and printers
- Provide technical training and guidance to both onsite and remote employees
- Manage and maintain inventory of company assets, systems and peripherals
FlyMate skills and qualifications:
- 3+ years of experience working in an IT support/help-desk environment
- Resourceful, proactive, and strong problem solving skills
- Expertise with Mac OS X and Microsoft Windows Operating Systems
- Familiar with tools like Gsuite, Okta, Jira or Confluence
- Strong networking knowledge