We’re reimagining sports and technology.
DraftKings is bringing sports fans closer to the games they love and becoming an essential part of their experience in the process. An industry pioneer since our founding in 2012, we believe we can continue to define what it means to be a technology company in sports entertainment. We love what we do and we think you will too.
Drive inorganic growth as we revolutionize the sports entertainment industry.
We’re growing rapidly and are searching for a Director to join our Corporate Development & Strategy group who would serve as our Mergers & Acquisitions Lead, researching and analyzing industry trends, evaluating M&A opportunities, leading diligence efforts and transaction execution, as well as playing a key role in post-merger integration.
What you’ll do as a Mergers & Acquisitions Lead:
- Continuously track market trends and competitive landscape to help identify potential opportunities for DraftKings.
- Evaluate corporate development opportunities using both qualitative and quantitative analyses.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to produce recommendations.
- Work closely with internal and external finance and legal teams on target valuation, synergy assumptions, deal terms, and integration considerations.
- Manage an Analyst on larger projects, dividing up responsibilities and managing overall work product.
- Produce executive team and board-ready materials for presentation.
What skills you will use:
- A minimum of 5-7 years of experience in a related role, such as investment banking, private equity, and/or corporate development is required.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree is required.
- MBA is preferred.
- Experience and/or strong interest in technology, entertainment, and sports is preferred.
- Strong verbal, written, and presentation skills.
- Strong handle on core valuation techniques and principles.
- Excellent Excel modeling skills.
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves and help as needed to advance the team’s work.
- Ability to solve problems with limited information and amid changing circumstances.
Who are we a good fit for?
We love working with talented people but more than that, we seek out compassionate co-workers with a collaborative spirit. Our work moves quickly and we’re great at coming together to find creative solutions to some of tech’s most interesting problems. If that sounds good to you, join us.
We’re proud to believe that your gender, race, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, status as a protected veteran, or status as an individual with a disability should have nothing to do with our hiring practices. We’ll never discriminate against anyone’s background or creed. If you’re good at what you do, we want you to do it at DraftKings.