Director, Information Technology
Let me tell you about an artificial intelligence (AI) company that you probably have never heard of, but you will. As a matter of fact, this company is the world’s largest independent AI company and it’s headquartered in the Boston area. We operate at the intersection of customer experience and AI – two of today’s hottest and most dynamic industries.
Interactions’ mission is to create amazing customer experiences by advancing AI technology that understands and engages on a human level. The human element of what we do not only relates to how we differentiate our AI technology, more importantly, it informs and guides our focus on our most valuable asset, our employees. We endeavor to create opportunities for our employees to advance their skills, their interests, their passions, their careers and their lives. Like all companies, we’re not perfect, but we are committed to continually improving our employee value proposition, one that centers on competitiveness, flexibility and an appreciation for individuality.
For prospective employees, if that sounds challenging and exciting, we’d love to talk to you.
Our values include:
o Being passionate about transforming customer experience
o Being obsessed with our customer’s satisfaction
o Being respectful of each other
o Creating opportunities
o Embracing disruption
o Doing what we say
We have an opening for a Director, Information Technology (Director, IT) that provides both technical and team leadership, and interfaces effectively with business partners to ensure business needs are met. The Director, IT is responsible for the overall planning, organizing, and execution of all IT functions across all locations.
- Develop and maintain the overall IT strategy of the Company
- Oversee all corporate technology operations (e.g. network security) and evaluate them according to established goals.
- Devise and establish IT policies and systems to support the implementation of strategies set by upper management.
- Analyze the business requirements of all departments to determine their technology needs.
- Purchase efficient and cost effective technological equipment and software.
- Inspect the use of technological equipment and software to ensure functionality and efficiency.
- Identify the need for upgrades, configurations or new systems and report to upper management.
- Coordinate IT managers and supervise IT support specialists.
- Assist in building relationships with vendors and creating cost-efficient contracts.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Programming, Computer Science or related field.
- A minimum of 0 + years of management experience in an IT environment.
- Demonstrated experience providing server support in a Windows environment.
- Working knowledge of various IT tasks, such as networking, desktop support, security, and methods used in those areas.
- Working technical knowledge of current network protocols, operating systems, and standards, including wireless networking protocols.
- Advance knowledge of computer hardware, networking and software troubleshooting.
- Strong understanding of desktop/laptop Operating Systems from Microsoft and Apple.
- Exceptional organizational, time-management and customer service skills.
- Demonstrated success in performing multiple tasks effectively in a deadline-oriented environment.
- Excellent communications skills, both written and oral.