Director of Mid Market/Enterprise Restaurant Success
We are a rapidly growing company that’s revolutionizing the way the restaurant industry does business by pairing technology with an unrivaled commitment to customer success. We help restaurants streamline operations, increase revenue, and deliver amazing guest experiences through our platform that combines restaurant point of sale, guest-facing technology, and award-winning customer support. As a Toaster, you will be challenged to take on meaningful projects that will help shape the future of the company. Join us as we empower the restaurant community to delight guests, do what they love, and thrive.
This position is responsible for providing direct operational leadership and oversight of the Enterprise and Mid-Market segments of the account management / Restaurant Success function. This person will work with other Restaurant Success, Customer Success, Sales, and other company leaders to provide an exceptional customer experience across the Toast product suite after the sales cycle is closed. This person’s teams will be tasked with providing strategic and consultative account management expertise to a portfolio of customers, while driving revenue growth and operational efficiency initiatives to improve customer health, product adoption and employee health.
The Director of ENT/MM Customer Success will be responsible for driving success across the Toast product suite throughout his/her portfolio of accounts through exceptional people and operational leadership, and focus on customer empathy and success. Each of his/her individual contributor Restaurant Success Managers will manage a book of business, and be responsible for identifying and closing on revenue growth opportunities for those customers (upsells), ensuring success across those product wins (adoption), leading strategic discussions with his/her customers to align business objectives with growth goals, and building trust and rapport across their portfolio to be the go-to and market leader within the restaurant technology sphere. The ideal candidate will be a proven exceptional people manager adept at navigating a complex cross-functional landscape, possess a keen ability to empathize with and garner quick trust from customers, be a strong internal and external advocate for those customers, and have a proven track record of leading customer-facing teams through rapid change and transition. In addition, developing, socializing, and gaining alignment on strategic approaches to solve and plan for customer success is paramount. The ideal candidate is a hungry learner who gravitates towards issue ownership, accountability, and leadership. Toast is a rapidly-evolving and growing technology company that demands high performance and quick thinking and action from its managers. This is a hands-on position that requires both strategic and tactical approaches and capabilities
What you'll do:
- Mentor, develop and manage a team of 7-9 Enterprise and Mid-Market Restaurant Success Managers (E/MM RSMs) to deliver exceptional customer experience post go-live across the Toast product suite.
- Exceed monthly, quarterly, and annual revenue (upsell), customer happiness (NPS), and product adoption goals for specified account portfolios managed by your RSMs.
- Constantly identify new and improved ways to deliver delight across our customer suite.
- Develop and implement innovative ways to work smarter, work happier, and drive employee delight (eNPS).
- Act as the high-level point of escalation for restaurant customer concerns.
- Ability to interact and negotiate with C-Level Executives to have strategic discussions and solve critical escalations. Ability to create and manage 30-60-90 day Get-Well plans to regain customer confidence.
- Mentor and support RSMs in the planning and execution of annual and Quarterly Business Reviews with customer and Toast Executives. Plan and execute strategic account growth plans.
- Uncover and create opportunities to drive customer growth (revenue, expansion, efficiency, etc) throughout your E/MM RSMs’ portfolios through regular pipeline reviews, close-the-gap initiatives and campaigns.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with other departments to drive the highest levels of customer success throughout the organization and to our customers.
- Partner with Customer Marketing to help design and execute restaurant-specific marketing programs.
- Act as an advocate for restaurant customers, assisting your E/MM RSMs in resolving cross-functional issues.
- Manage the use of Salesforce.com and all related applications.
- Work with IT and BI teams to implement and improve reports, system rules & workflows, dashboards, automated emails, surveys, and more.
- Help drive an evolving company-wide culture of customer centricity and adherence to Toast Core Value
Do you have the right ingredients?
- 7+ years in customer success or sales functions
- 4+ years experience successfully leading & managing teams, ideally of 10+ staff
- Must have worked for a high growth technology company
- Restaurant experience a significant plus
- Minimum four-year college degree from an accredited institution
- Extensive experience leading large cross-functional initiatives
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and writing skills
- Love for developing people in a transition environment
- Enthusiastic about technology with demonstrated technical aptitude; experience at a technology company or relevant consultancy is ideal
- Strong project management skills and an ability to multitask without getting frazzled
- Love for teamwork and commitment to building a world-class, enterprise-class global customer experience together
- Creative, analytical and execution-oriented
- Ability to effectively operate both strategically and tactically
- Value and thrive in an ever changing environment of learning and interacting with high-capability, high-energy people