Event Planner - Part Time/Contract
Meet CarGurus—the #1 visited online car shopping website in the US. At CarGurus, we’re building the world’s most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace where it’s easy to find great deals from top-rated dealers.
Founded in 2006 by Langley Steinert (co-founder of TripAdvisor), CarGurus is a technology company with a passion for data and its power to simplify every aspect of the car shopping experience. Using proprietary technology, search algorithms and innovative data analytics, we provide unbiased validation on pricing, dealer reputation and vehicle history.
Are you looking to join the marketing team at a dynamic and fast-paced technology company? The CarGurus B2B Marketing team is looking for an enthusiastic and flexible team player to join its growing Events Team. Reporting to the Events Manager, the Event Planner will coordinate all aspects of the event planning process from concept through completion for a variety of different events.
What You'll Do:
- 20 hours per week
- Manage all aspects of event logistics for both customer and acquisition events, and a variety of other events as required. Responsibilities include managing the timeline, budget, invitation process, vendor selection and management, registration, food and beverage, shipping, on-site management and other event logistics.
- Manage Department Swag and Giveaways
- Work cross-functionally to develop and manage events for specific target audiences
- Develop event plan, set timelines, and project manage campaign to completion.
- Coordinate with multiple vendors to ensure events are successful.
- Event Research and Proposals
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 2-4 years in an event planning role.
- Detail Oriented
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple tasks with limited oversight.
- Positive, energetic and flexible with a strong executive presence
- Successful in a fast-paced environment
- Exceptional communication skills, written and verbal.
At the core of our company culture is a spirit of innovation, curiosity and collaboration. True to our start-up roots, we’re nimble, flexible and hardworking. We have a great respect for testing and learning and a healthy aversion to scheduling meetings to discuss meetings. Lunch is catered daily. Gym membership is free. Foosball and ping pong are played often. Now a publicly-traded company, we’re as committed as ever to cultivating the culture that got us here.
In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada, the UK and Germany with other markets on the horizon. Our offices are located in Cambridge, MA, Detroit, MI and Dublin, Ireland. If you’d like to learn more, please visit our careers page.