Mid-Market Restaurant Success Manager
Toast is a rapidly growing startup building the first all-in-one restaurant management software platform. Toast’s Android tablet based system helps restaurants operate more efficiently and connect with their customer base in new and innovative ways. We’re growing fast and have a customer base comprised of cafes, restaurants, bars and nightclubs across the country. We work hard and care about our customers’ success and we have a lot of fun doing it. As a startup, we move fast and have a lot of opportunity for career growth, so if you’re passionate about your work and want to be in a fun and growing industry, join us! You will be helping Toast to grow our business across the US and internationally.
The Mid-Market Restaurant Success Manager (RSM) will operate as a key customer advocate for his/her assigned accounts, driving customer satisfaction across his/her territory. This position will be responsible for key performance indicators of their assigned ~30 Mid-Market level customers. KPIs include customer NPS, expansion revenue, retention, and referral revenue. The RSM will own a defined geographic territory of highly valuable Mid-Market
Customers. Pivotal to this role is a strong ability to understand customer empathy and to drive a high level of customer satisfaction across their customer base. This is a key role within the business and the employee will proactively engage in the on-going management of their accounts including the topics related to customer satisfaction, feedback on the solution and driving value from our services.
The RSM is expected to conduct quarterly business reviews with their customers and travel to their location for in person meetings with key executives several times per year. The RSM will become the customer’s voice within Toast, creating a positive customer experience that ultimately results in the customer’s renewal and referral. This role will work directly with Sales, Support, Services, Product and Finance teams, as well as Toast leadership across the company.
What you would do:
● Consistently drive strong relationships with your customers with minimal oversight.
● Operate as a key customer advocate within Toast by establishing productive and useful relationships across various teams within Toast.
● Identify and upsell new opportunities into restaurant groups where applicable.
● Quarterback complex technical issues that results in swift resolution and customer advocacy.
● Coordinate with customer, business users and decision makers to ensure timely contract and
● Be a strong negotiator with excellent experience.
● Update and maintain Customer database (SF.com) as appropriate.
Do you have the right ingredients:
● 4+ years working in an account management role providing technology or SaaS solutions to a client base
● Mid-Market, Top SMB, or Enterprise customer management experience required
● Restaurant experience is a strong plus
● Strong leadership, teamwork, communication & cross-departmental collaboration skills
● Must be able to proactively drive customer value with minimal oversight.
● Proven track record of sustaining and growing complex relationships with multiple layers of management including closing the renewal, upsell/ cross-sell opportunities
● Highly motivated, passionate over achiever, team player, facilitator
● Entrepreneurial spirit/mindset, flexibility toward dynamic change
● Incredibly detailed oriented
● Ability to perform in a fast paced environment
● Good experience of MS Office, G-Suite and SF.com
● Familiarity with the forecasting process and exceeding a target goal and quota
● Direct, honest communication style that operates with the highest level of integrity
10-20% travel to customer sites